Job Title: Membership and DTC Sales Supervisor
Department: DTC & Wine Club
Directly Reports to: Membership & DTC Manager
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Breaking Tradition for Six Generations-The Bundschu Company owns and operates Gundlach Bundschu Winery, Abbot's Passage Winery and Mercantile, Echo Echo Wine and Huichica Music Festivals in Sonoma Valley and beyond. Owned and managed by the Bundschu family for 163 years, the company has built a robust and storied wine industry legacy by continually looking forward and pushing boundaries on all sides. We are known for best in class wines, beautiful settings, dynamic customer experiences, and a spirit of fun and approachability. We strive to create a working environment that inspires personal and professional growth and a business that affords a meaningful and enriching lifestyle to all its participants.
The Membership & DTC Sales Supervisor is the ideal position for an individual with prior club and DTC coordination experience, who is ready to further their career and take on more ownership of departmental business objectives, specifically related to wine club management. This senior team member will act as a leader and mentor for all DTC team coordinators, while leading and participating in wine club quarterly processes, actively contributing towards departmental sales goals, and acting as a brand ambassador to our valued customers through phone and email.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Membership & Leadership
- Lead quarterly club processes for all brands, including pre and post-club communication, pickup reminders, converting WPU's to ship, and all other club related processes
- Regularly monitor CRM & ORM databases for entry accuracy and data/order cleanup, including monthly open order reports.
- Maintain custom clubs, ensuring all orders are processed in timely manner
- Manage decline programs to update credit cards or cancel members with no contact.
- Oversee scheduling of weekly and monthly email transactions, including birthday promos, tenure reminders, welcome promos, cancellation recovery and cart recovery emails.
- Work with club team during club shipment quarters, helping to update member accounts, process and up-sell club orders, and reroute packages as needed.
- Maintain and monitor all welcoming, canceling, or special communications to wine club customers and gift recipients on a timely basis.
- Oversee processing of new member signups immediately to assure receipt of proceeding monthly wine club shipment and entry into the database daily, as well as assist with other data entry projects.
- Supervise mailings of welcome packets and tenure rewards to club members.
- Complete month-end club summary reports for all brands
- Act as departmental training lead
- Assist in overseeing day-to-day departmental duties, while providing guidance, mentorship and coaching to staff as needed to accomplish business priorities: building strong customer relationships, membership retention and acquisition, profit generation and brand affinity
- Establish an atmosphere of teamwork and positivity. Along with department manager, actively work to promote and recognize performance, while also address performance problems and take immediate corrective action as needed
- Participate as needed in Winery Events to improve the guest experience, including preparing for, attending and actively participating in all aspects of event production
- Phone concierge for Bundschu Company brands. Administer incoming calls, helping guests as needed; receive and connect incoming telephone calls to proper party.
- Responsible for scheduling of tour and tasting appointments and aligning our guests with the best experience. Comfortable upselling prospective guests when appropriate.
- Responsible for responding to customer emails and phone messages in a timely basis in accordance with company policy.
- Work as a team to consistently improve customer outreach and service. Identify areas of improvement and propose solutions to improve customer experience.
- Manage and maintain up to date information on all current offerings (including events, concerts and experiences) to provide accurate answers to inquiring guests.
- Participates as a member of the DTC Team to achieve department goals, maintain excellent guest service and communicate needs to ensure sales success.
- Assist in monitoring club page on website, including updating cart and uploading content as needed.
- Participate in outbound calling campaigns to increase sales.
- Assist in the data entry and order processing for out virtual tasting events. Including coordinating with the warehouse on each order and customizing welcome letters for each event.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility with work hours, will require some nights and weekends
- Positive attitude, service-driven, and enthusiasm for providing a world-class customer experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Warm and highly polished communication skills (verbal and written), both internally and externally.
- Dependable self-starter with a keen attention to detail. Internally driven and motivated; ambitious and hard-working.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and brands.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Always thinking a step ahead.
- Superior knowledge of our wines and experience offerings for the winery and the surrounding area.
- Microsoft Excel and Word efficient, AMS knowledge a plus.
Shared office environment, working at a desk throughout the workday. Occasional participation in winery events required, which includes setting up/breaking down events, pouring/carrying wine amongst other physical duties.
Bundschu Company offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical and dental. Bundschu Co. covers a portion of cost for employees and dependents. Other benefits include 401(k) with discretionary company match, vision insurance, AFLAC FSA and disability insurance, wine and merchandise discounts and many more!