Ajilon is seeking an Operations Manager on behalf of a client located in Napa, Ca.
The Operations Manager will oversee procurement, production planning, logistics, warehouse operations and the general maintenance needs of the offices. The Operations Manager will assist with IT support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Procurement: (30%)
• Oversee procurement on upcoming raw material and packaging needs based upon forecasting.
• Work with and assist the senior purchaser as needed in raw materials sourcing and packaging requirements.
• Assist as needed with determining new suppliers and creating new supplier standards and procedures.
2. Production Planning: (20%)
• Oversee and assist as necessary the production manager in production planning for scheduling productions at co-packers' facilities.
• Work with co-packers on commissioning new flavors, resolving production issues and arranging plant visits as needed.
• Assist in evaluating plant efficiencies on production runs and scale as necessary.
• Manage searches for new co-packers.
3. Logistics: (20%)
• Oversee and assist as necessary the senior logistics analyst with transfers and logistics for raw materials and finished goods.
• Evaluate transportation costs and the impacts to cost of goods and bills of materials.
• Evaluate routes, efficiencies of loads, warehouse locations and inbound ports.
4. Warehouse Operations and Office Maintenance: (10%)
• Oversee and assist as necessary the production manager with warehouse operations.
• Oversee operations of warehouse freezers, HVAC units, office lighting and general maintenance.
• Contact plumbers, electricians, contractors etc. as necessary for repairs and maintenance.
• Assist as necessary with IT consultants on software and or hardware needs.
• Assist as necessary on NAV updates to COGs and BOMs.
• Assist as necessary as support to the office manager.
Education/Experience: BA/BS in Business Administration or related field and 2 to 4 years experience in operations, preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines, excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to adapt to fast pace and changing environment. Strong organizational skills, including good judgment and decision making abilities. Team-oriented and independently motivated with strong leadership skills in all essential job functions.
Knowledge: Operations, procurement, logistics, production planning, and manufacturing processes. Excellent computer skills and proficiency in MS Office software applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook). Advanced knowledge of Navision or similar manufacturing, inventory, general ledger, and accounting database management and reporting software.
Ability to work at a computer for periods of time up to (8) hours. Ability to work on feet for periods of time up to six (6) hours. Must be comfortable accessing a freezer maintained at zero degrees for short periods of time. Ability to lift packages up to 40 lbs, periodically.