Packaging - Fork Lift Operator A. Job in Taft WestCoast-Jobs
- Job Reference: 462892481-2
- Date Posted: 2 January 2022
- Recruiter: Oil-Dri
- Location: Taft, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Manufacturing Operations
- Job Type: Permanent
Packaging - Fork Lift Operator A
The Packaging Forklift Operator is responsible for ensuring lines are properly stocked with raw goods and finished product is removed in an efficient manner to ensure the flow of production. Forklift Operator is trained as a loader and is responsible for moving inbound and outbound freight in the production area.
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Transports product from end of line to pallet wrapper.
* Operates the pallet wrapper
* Removes and transports product from end of wrapper to warehouse storage
* Removes and transports raw materials to and from lines and storage
* Must be able to keep lines stocked
* Operates and assist in operation of palletizers and stretch wrappers.
* Must assist in maintaining a clean and safe work environment
* Must understand all safety requirements to ensure compliance with rules
* Must be able to work any shift and perform other duties as assigned
Physical and Visual Activities:
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally
* Must be able to hear radio and telephone communication
* Bending, reaching, stooping, lifting, and twisting
* Must be able to work in outdoor/indoor weather conditions
* Must be able to work in a dusty environment
* Must have at minimum, 6-months experience operating a forklift truck in a manufacturing or warehouse environment.
* Must be able to read and write English and follow directions
* Proficient on a computer
* Must have strong communication skills
* Must be able to read BOM's, and Schedules.
* Have JDE experience is desired.
* Must understand the proper use of standard operating procedures and process work instructions.
* Pay Type Hourly
* Job Start Date Monday, November 2, 2020
* Taft Production Company, PO Box 1277, Taft, California, United States of America