Patient Financial Advocate
- Job Reference: 381633528-2
- Date Posted: 27 September 2021
- Recruiter: Asante Health System
- Location: Medford, Oregon
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type: Permanent
Department: Pre Service Patient Access (47)
Category: Patient Registration
Schedule: Full Time
Shift/Schedule: Primarily Mon - Fri / 8AM - 5PM
Union Position: No
FTE/Status: FTE: 1.0 / Full-time at 80 hours per pay period
Schedule: Primarily Monday-Friday / days
Salary: Typical starting range is $20.13 to $25.16 (based on qualifications and years of relevant experience)
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence. All three Asante hospitals have earned five stars from CMS for overall quality -- the top rating given. In fact, Asante accounts for three of the five Oregon hospitals to achieve this rare honor.
The Patient Financial Advocate is responsible for pre-screening and enrolling self-pay (uninsured and underinsured) patients for external assistance programs, with a primary focus on Medicaid. This individual is also responsible for assisting patients in the process of completing financial assistance applications, educating them about their financial responsibility, and helping them identify a path toward resolving their balances. This role involves communicating with patients both in person and over the phone and requires a high level of customer service.
* Associate Degree in business or healthcare related field, preferred
* 2 years of experience in credit/collections, insurance authorizations, or other comparable healthcare experience is required
* Completion of Federal and State CAC required Navigator training courses and completion of both federal and state certification exams is required within 1 year of hire
* Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA), preferred
What We Offer
* Competitive starting wage
* Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
* Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
* Generous Earned Time Off
* Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includes Asante Ashland Community Hospital in Ashland, Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center in Medford, Asante Three Rivers Medical Center in Grants Pass, Asante Physician Partners throughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence Respect Honesty Service Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.