Patient Service Representative - Call Center
- Job Reference: 381632566-2
- Date Posted: 27 September 2021
- Recruiter: SCRIPPS HEALTH
- Location: San Diego, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Call Centre / Customer Service
- Job Type: Permanent
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and respect of an organization that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation's Top 100 Places to Work.
You'll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you're open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
As a Patient Service Representative in this call center department, you will experience the pride and support of being a member of an outstanding team at Scripps Coastal Medical Center Carlsbad where we share a culture of providing excellent care to our patients and each other. You'll be on the front line for creating a positive Scripps Health experience for our patients while being responsible for the following:
* Responding to customer billing and payment inquiries.
* Escalating billing inquiries as needed.
* Scheduling and confirming appointments according to guidelines, entering appropriate insurance, performing Key User duties with minimal errors.
* Initiating and validating referrals/authorizations.
* Having a proactive approach to customer service by listening to the patient, taking ownership of solutions, and being able to identify the need to involve leadership in order to resolve concerns.
This benefitted Part Time (20 hours per week) position has a varied Day Shift schedule and is located in Carlsbad.
* Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of computer applications, excellent mathematical skills and ability to handle monies.
* Excellent communication and customer service skills.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills; innovative with ability to identify and solve problems.
*Preferred Qualifications:** *
* 1 or more years of experience customer service or healthcare/medical office environment preferred.
* Able to adapt, prioritize and meet deadlines.
* Knowledge of medical terminology, commercial and government health insurance and billing guidelines, ACA requirements, understanding of DRG's, Medical ICD9/ICD10 codes and CPT/HCPC Codes and Modifiers
**Job:** **Business Office*
**Organization:** **Scripps Coastal Medical Center*
**Title:** *Patient Service Representative - Call Center*
**Location:** *Central San Diego County-SAN DIEGO-SCRIPPS COASTAL MEDICAL CENTER - ADMINISTRATION*
**Requisition ID:** **