Medical Director opening in Chatsworth, California.
Optum California is looking for a Full-Time Hospitalist Medical Director to lead one of our largest employed hospitalist programs in Los Angeles. This high-profile position will include responsibility for over 14 full-time clinicians as well indirect management of an inpatient care management team and administrative staff. The Medical Director will interact closely with both regional and hospital leadership to manage a highly evolved population health model that is at the forefront of care delivery, and has ownership for quality and operational metrics related to inpatient care at the hospital system.
- 50% Administrative, 50% clinical
- Reports to Regional Inpatient and High-risk Director
- Direct oversight of all employed and contracted hospitalist clinicians
- Must work collaboratively with clinical, operational, and case management leadership to achieve clearly defined metrics related to utilization, quality, and outcomes
- Strong interest in onboarding and developing new hospitalists and understanding of hospital operations are key attributes to success in this position
- 5+ years in a leadership role over a large hospitalist program or equivalent
- Strong clinical training including ongoing practice
- Unrestricted CA State Medical License (or willing to obtain if out of state)
- Current CA DEA certificate required prior to start date
- Board Certified in Internal or Family Medicine
- FHM or SFHM status
- Advanced degree in management or fellowship training a plus
- Track record of change management and driving outcomes
- Understanding of managed care operations including IPAs, ACOs, full-risk contracting models or equivalent