Practice Manager - Tech Media Telecom
- Job Reference: 381763558-2
- Date Posted: 27 September 2021
- Recruiter: McKinsey
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Advert / Media / Entertainment
- Job Type: Permanent
You will be based in one of our North America office as part of our Tech Media Telecom (TMT) sector. It is at the heart of change in every industry - from banking to healthcare, from retail to travel and transport. TMT players are redefining the way every sector in the economy works. Our TMT clients reflect that energy and innovation, and so do our people.
You will work closely with our global and North America TMT leaders as well as the broader North American leadership team, our practice, finance, knowledge and reach and relevance managers from across the practice.
You will drive the overall strategy and operational excellence of the North America Tech Media Telecom sector.
In this role, you will champion best practices and drive continuous improvement. You will enable and accelerate decision making and manage overall performance. You will convene the group and drive the agenda for regional strategic discussions. You will lead agenda planning for leadership meetings and calls as well as lead planning for regional and location events. You will work with the regional professional development manager and people leader to drive people initiatives and build community in the region, primarily focused on associate partner, partner and client service professionals from affinity groups.
You will orchestrate the development and implementation of a client development strategy, ensuring that the best of firm is brought consistently to client service teams/clients. You will also act as an interface to our client development hub whilst developing and maintaining compelling qualifications and proposal materials. You will proactively identify client/clientele situations where the practice can deliver substantial, lasting value using state-of-the-art practice tools. You will drive regional client development initiatives - e.g., impact elevation, white space coverage, client impact analysis. You will also work closely with the TMT client investment committee to ensure our client investments are aligned with client priorities.
* Undergraduate degree; MBA or other graduate degree is beneficial
* Experience as a practice manager or engagement manager with some tech media telecom industry knowledge
* Proven leadership record in serving as a thought partner to senior leaders
* Excellent interpersonal skills; great team player
* Self-starter with an appetite for creativity and innovation
* Excellent project management skills
* Strong integrity, maturity and fairness in dealing with people and confidential information
* Excellent communication skills