is one of the world's most innovative biopesticide companies. Grower-owned and part of The Wonderful Company®, our insect management products use naturally occurring compounds such as pheromones. These ingredients are non-toxic, leave no harmful residues on food and do not leach into soil or groundwater. Come help us make the world a better place. Naturally.Job Description
To support Suterra's continued investment in sustainable technology, we currently have an opportunity for a Process Chemist to join our Chemical Development group. This person will support our innovative product portfolio by focusing on the identification, development and implementation of robust chemical processes for commercial production of active ingredients. The successful candidate's responsibilities will span the entirety the product life cycle including early-stage route scouting, kilo-scale pilot validation, transfer to commercial operations and continuous improvement efforts. This dynamic role will interface closely with an internal cross-function team including commercial manufacturing, analytical sciences, formulation sciences, regulatory, finance and field research teams.
We are looking for someone who is interested in working in a diverse environment where your scientific contributions will be translated in to business impact. We offer a world class facility in Bend, OR and work within smaller teams in which this person will have the chance to collaborate across business units and help define the trajectory of the company.Responsibilities:
- Collaborate within the Chemical Development group to design and develop innovative, safe and scalable approaches to target molecules that meet cost targets.
- Demonstrate preparation of active ingredient on kilogram scale in support of field trial and regulatory field streams.
- Carry out late-stage process development utilizing quality by design (QbD) principles to support process characterization and the definition and implementation of suitable quality control strategies
- Collaborate with engineering staff to gain a deep mechanistic understanding of chemical processes to ensure safe and robust manufacturing
- Identify, evaluate and implement new technologies that will improve process efficiency for continuous improvement initiatives
- Collaborate on projects carried out with CRO's and CDMO's
- Understand regulatory obligations and work with a cross-functional team to ensure that all requirements are appropriately met
- Advanced degree in synthetic organic chemistry
- Robust publication record demonstrating the ability to conduct both independent and collaborative research projects
- Demonstrated ability to solve difficult, research-based problems
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders across different teams
- This person will be working in our lab on a daily basis so remote work will not be available on this position
Wonderful's Dedication to You:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion company dedicated to harvesting health around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America's No. 1 tree nut and America's fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America's No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world's leading floral delivery service.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back at its core. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $1 billion invested in environmental sustainability; $65 million in charitable giving, education initiatives, and innovative health and wellness programs each year; and $143 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California's Central Valley.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit , or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please Click Here To View Our Privacy Notice.
EEO is the law