Houzz is the world's leading platform for home remodeling and design, helping more than 2.5 million home professionals in over 100 categories to grow and manage their business. Through Houzz, a community of more than 65 million homeowners and home design enthusiasts find ideas, hire professionals, source products and access tools to update their homes from start to finish. Houzz is available in every country around the world with localized platforms in more than 10 countries across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
About the Role
We are seeking a product manager to guide a dedicated team of engineers, analysts and designers working to make Houzz synonymous with the home. You will work across both our web site and 5-star rated apps to elevate our brand advertising experiences. Houzz Brand Ads connect brands with both homeowners and professionals. Not surprisingly, brands focusing on home improvement are eager for access to our global communities of homeowners and professionals. On the homeowner side, our ads engage customers throughout their remodeling and redesign journeys, all the way from inspiration to planning to execution. On the professional side, our ads help professionals discover brands that best serve their critical business needs. Our unparalleled position in the home category spanning homeowners, professionals, and brands gives us a unique advantage to drive innovation in home advertising. If you're excited about the intersection of consumer experience, advertising, and home design, then this role is perfect for you.
What You'll Do
* Drive the roadmap for the brand advertising team by collaborating closely with sales, finance, and a wide array of partner product teams
* Ship world class advertising products that allow brands to achieve impactful results
* Find innovative ways to integrate advertising opportunities at the right place and time for each homeowner and professional
* Track long term performance metrics and opportunities for the advertising ecosystem
* Collaborate with engineering, design, and analytics to manage timelines and frequent product iterations
* Leverage research to understand the needs of consumers and brands
* Clearly articulate product strategy with a wide range of internal teams
* Help scale all of the above to our international markets
At a Minimum, We'd Like You to Have
* A minimum of 2+ years of experience in product management
* A track record of shipping delightful products that deliver compelling customer value
* Excellent product sense and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem. You regularly keep up with new products to learn how they grow and work
* A natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way. You are eager to be the glue between other functions, doing what it takes to make our product successful
* Strong analytical skills; you are able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
* An extremely detail-oriented mindset; you believe that a great product is the sum of an inordinate number of small, thoughtful decisions
* Excellent communication skills and intuition for communication strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, to press and other audiences
* Experience leading post-launch optimizations; developing A/B testing strategies and prioritizing incremental feature enhancements
Ideally, You'll Also Have
* Advertising product experience at a consumer facing company
* Experience leveraging 3rd party ad tech platforms
Be Who You Are and Do What You Love at Houzz
We're a Family
At Houzz, we strive to create and foster a strong family environment in our workplace. We collaborate to accomplish our goals, always working as a team. We aim to build a culture of inclusion - celebrating and leveraging our differences for the betterment of one another, our products and our community.
Houzz team members come from many backgrounds and bring diverse experiences to the company. We take pride in making each person feel at home.
We Build the Future
Join Houzz in revolutionizing the home remodeling and design industry and have an impact on our community of more than 65 million homeowners and home design enthusiasts who use our platform and the 2.5 million-plus home professionals around the world who grow and manage their business with Houzz Pro. Houzz has been named one of the most innovative companies in the world by CNBC and others, and is backed by top venture capitalists. At Houzz, you can help drive the future of an industry worth over $1 trillion in the U.S. and Europe alone.
We Make Things Happen
Our team members play a key role in guiding the direction of our company and are able to work across multiple groups to implement fresh ideas that allow Houzz to be the industry leader. If you are interested in applying your passion to create products that will transform the lives of millions of people who are designing, remodeling and decorating their homes, welcome to Houzz.
Benefits and Perks
* Competitive salary
* Flexible paid time off
* Commuter benefits
* Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
* Maternity/paternity leave program
* Employee assistance program
* 401k retirement savings plan
* Flexible spending accounts
* Healthy at Houzz program
Houzz is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. When applying for a role at Houzz, we guarantee your application will be considered regardless of your sex, race, religion, color, gender, national origin, height or weight, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We embrace and celebrate the value that diversity brings to an organization and understand that diverse backgrounds and different points of view are essential components of helping Houzz in our mission to provide the best experience for home renovation and design. Houzz is committed to fostering an inclusive environment through projects and initiatives such as employee resource groups and diversity workshops.
Houzz celebrates differences and strives to create a comfortable and authentic climate for Houzzers to feel supported, where they are welcomed to think creatively and contribute to innovative ideas, while having the freedom to be themselves and share their lives at work.
If you are a California resident applying for a job, you consent to our California Job Applicant Privacy Notice