Production Supervisor. This position may have daily or weekend overtime as dictated by the production schedule. We are looking for a hard worker who wants to grow and develop with us.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads by example each day in key areas to 10-20 direct reports - quality, productivity, housekeeping and attendance.
- Assigns employees to specific tasks on the production line, ensures clear understanding of task expectations in quality and productivity.
- Provides feedback in the form of counseling and recognition for positive performance and development opportunities.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules daily.
- Works with other supervisors or Management to rotate employees as necessary to meet production needs.
- Provides leadership in sustaining defined processes and resolving issues.
- Ensures the overall integrity and quality of work produced by the line.
- Develops, recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department.
- Prepares and presents communications to production employees and other members of management regarding daily expectations for production, quality, housekeeping and other key measures as well as general information required to keep all employees informed.
- Maintains the overall safety of employees in the assigned work area by reporting all hazards/issues.
- Provides corrective action to address attendance, conduct, or performance issues with production employees. Including conducting investigations, providing documentation and recommending further courses of action to other members of management as necessary.
- Enforce plant rules and code of conduct and administer appropriate discipline as necessary
- Assesses individual training needs, including cross-training and job rotation plans of production employees and works with group leader to provide needed on-the-job training and coaching.
- When necessary, the supervisor may also provide hands-on process instruction and new employee orientation.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time; Commits to overtime when necessary to reach production schedule/goals.
- Ability to define and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Good rapport and communication skills with all levels in the organization.
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate paperwork and labels in English
- Understand units of measurement, read a tape measure and be able to perform general mathematical equations
- Flexible work availability with ability to work overtime and/or weekends as necessary
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with strong follow through
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- High School Diploma or GED strongly preferred
- Insulated, cutting or tempered glass production supervision experience a plus+
- Must be able to follow instructions from direct Supervisor and other members of management
- A minimum of three years of supervisory experience is required, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Pre-employment medical screening will be conducted on qualified applicants
- Ability to lift, bend, twist, walk, and reach frequently
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds regularly
- Ability to stand and walk on concrete floor wearing approved safety boots for eight hours or more.
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region, Southern California. (heat, humidity, cold, etc.)