PPG Aerospace is now hiring a Production Supervisor! As a Production Supervisor, you will coordinate the production processes and lead any troubleshooting, scheduling, and supply chain activities across cell areas. You will be an integral part of the operation and have extensive interaction with production staff, cell leaders, and key leadership members of the plant.
* Achieves all production objectives through accurate planning to meet production schedules and delivering high quality products, which meet specifications and PPG's standards
* Applies hands on experience in the fields of industrial electrical, mechanical, compressed gas systems, and production to ensure business goals and expectations are achieved
* Ensures accurate use of tools, equipment, and materials used within the production department, while maintaining a safe and clean working environment that will ensure safety of all employees
* Supervises the shift production teams. Ensures that each team member adheres to all company policies and procedures regarding safety, health and the environment and that the vital training programs are in place to ensure that all applicable standards are met. You will encourage a continuous improvement of individual and team performance, as well as aligning with all EEO policies and procedures
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work some weekends, minor variation in schedule(s) and additional hours as needed
* Coordinates work schedules, staffing requirements, and production sequences to improve efficiency
* Identifies and/or tackle problems related to production process/flow and provides production reports to assist process improvement
* Supplies to the development of processes and procedures
* Supervises daily activities of production area to ensure that safety, volume, cost, and quality standards are achieved.
* Coordinates and communicates requirements with Procurement to ensure that materials are purchased or expedited in the appropriate quantities and timeframe to meet production needs.
* Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning staffing; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; supervising progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing flow on shift production summaries.
* US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* 5 years of supervisory or management experience in a Manufacturing or Production environment preferred.
* Bachelor's degree in supply chain, logistics, or related field preferred or a minimum of 3 years of validated experience in business process analysis and improvement, lean six sigma, quality assurance, strategic sourcing, team facilitation, materials management, inventory control, or supply chain.
* Current holder of or willing to acquire a DOD security clearance.
* 4 year technical degree preferred.
* Pass background check, hair drug test, full physical, and supervisory assessment.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office.
* Minimum education High School Diploma or equivalent general education.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday - everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit and on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are "One PPG" to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday - everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
We are One PPG:
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email .
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.
Pay Transparency poster: English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
EEO is the Law:
EEO is the Law Supplement: