As one of the nation's top green builders, Allen Construction specializes in building high-end, new construction and remodeling projects throughout the Santa Barbara, Los Angeles, Ventura, and San Luis Obispo areas. We have won numerous project awards regionally and nationally, and we were named 2016 Company of the Year for employee-owned businesses in the Western States region. We are at the forefront of sustainable, quality building and are looking to expand our team with enthusiastic people who take pride in their craft.
We are currently seeking a highly detail oriented and motivated individual with a passion for providing excellent customer service to join the Allen Team as a Project Administrator. Successful candidates will be self-driven with a passion for process efficiency and enjoy working in a team environment with a variety of stakeholders. As part of the Project Team you will be a key part of ensuring successful completion of Residential Construction Projects throughout the Central Coast and Los Angeles areas. This is an ideal position for a recent college graduate who wants a career in Construction with opportunities to grow in the industry. This position has the ability to have a hybrid remote working arrangement for the right candidate.
This role is work-from-home/remote flexible. Candidates should be able to come into the Santa Barbara office in California a few days a week.
Responsible for the compilation, oversight and administration of all contract reporting and documents, including, but not limited to: Review, approve, process and monitor collections and invoicing, and provide spreadsheets and cost reports as needed. Uphold the highest standards of quality in overseeing the ongoing financial accounting of each project to ensure that the highest standards of budgetary controls are maintained and enforced.
- Associates Degree
- Five (5) years of experience working in an administrative role or equivalent educational experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
- Demonstrated ability to follow processes to a high level of accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability communicate in English with clients, colleagues and subcontractors to their understanding
- Able to compute basic mathematical calculations
- Strong organizations skills with ability to multi-task and work in a busy environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to read and understand spreadsheets and reports
- Bachelor's degree in construction, accounting, business administration, or related field.
- One (1) year of experience as a Project Accountant at a commercial and/or residential construction company
- Able to compose, read, understand, and interpret contracts and legal documents
- Familiar with building and construction legal terminology
- Possess a technical understanding of commercial and residential construction practices
- Ability to communicate in a second language, preferably Spanish
- Working knowledge of Sales Force, Procore, and/or Sage
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must be able to stand, sit, squat, turn, bend, operate telephone and computer, see, speak, hear, write, and lift up to 25 pounds.
Allen Construction offers competitive base salaries and a robust benefit package including but not limited to:
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Wellness Plan
- Life insurance
- 401k plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- And many other supplemental benefits
Allen Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in our workforce. For Los Angeles based positions: Allen Construction will consider all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistence with Article 9 Sec. 189.03(A) of the Los Angeles Municipal Code.
Job Code: PM20