Public Relations Manager Duration:
3-4+ months with higher extension possibilities Location:
th Street, 6th floor, Modesto, CA 95354 Shift Hours: M-F 8am-5pm 8 hours per day- flexible. Hours 20-40 per week, dependent on the desire of the right candidate. Job description:
- Focusing on the Public Information and Relations.
- To plan, organize, direct and coordinate activities within the Public Relations Division of the City Manager's Office including public information, media communications, crisis communications, community outreach and civic engagement activities; government relations; and to coordinate Public Relations Division activities with other departments and outside agencies.
- Serves as the City's Public Information Officer; directs the communications content of press releases, City website information, electronic communication, social media, and newsletters; prepares speeches, responses and related materials for public information purposes.
- Evaluate and administer the City's community engagement, community outreach, marketing, public information, and media communications.
- Prepares talking points, key messages, media alerts, public announcements, and other informational material related to public information.
- Develops, organizes, directs and evaluates comprehensive communications, marketing and community relations programs to inform the public of the activities and objectives of the city.
- Develops effective branding strategies that communicate a consistent identity based on the City's strategic plans and supports by effective marketing communications.
- Principles and practices of communication methods and marketing techniques.
- Principles and practices of public relations and community outreach.
- Effective public presentation methods to attract and inform a variety of audiences.
- Political issues, community development issues, and legislative developments of importance to the community and City.
- Social media, web design, and graphic/visual presentation methods.
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, rules, and regulations.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and desktop publishing programs.
- Perform professional public information duties to promote and market City services and programs.
Job Requirements: Experience/Education Required:
- Exercise independent judgment in identifying and responding to requests for information from the media and public.
- Effectively function under multiple deadlines.
- Interpret and explain complex information in a clear and understandable manner.
- Interpret, explain, and apply federal, state, local, and division policies, procedures, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Develop and implement comprehensive communication strategies and programs.
- Demonstrate civic entrepreneurial spirit by generating new, innovative ideas and development of better methods to accomplish tasks and complete projects.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet, database applications, and graphic systems and software.
- 5+ years of increasingly responsible experience in the development and execution of public relations, communications, legislative, or marketing programs.
- Public sector experience and/or multilingual is desirable.
- Equivalent to a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public relations, communications, journalism, or a related field.