FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc., is a worldwide leader in the innovation and manufacture of cell culture media, reagents, and medical devices for researchers and clinicians. The company provides unrivaled service and quality to scientists working in biopharmaceuticals, cell therapy, and regenerative medicine, assisted reproductive technology and cytogenetics, and industrial cell culture for the large-scale production of biotherapeutics and vaccines. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific adheres to both ISO and FDA regulations and operates dual cGMP manufacturing facilities in California, USA, and Tokyo, Japan. The company's consultative philosophy combined with expertise in cell culture and compliance provides customers with unique capabilities and support. For over 50 years, FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific has remained uniquely flexible and focused on media while becoming a strategic global leader in media products and services. FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc. is a subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation reporting to FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation.
We are hiring for a Research Associate II within our Cell Therapy Group. As a Research Associate in the team, you will conduct research under the direction of a supervisor leading to the support of product and process development. The Research Associate will perform activities relating to the establishment of new capabilities and the application of these capabilities towards new products and services.
- Design and execute experiments focused on optimizing media formulation, will require activities including cell culture media preparation
- Culture primary cells, including immune cells and Stem cells. Isolate/ enrich /characterize /culture set up using Aseptic culture techniques
- Perform cell-based assays (Phenotypic and functional characterization)
- Exercises judgment within generally defined procedures and SOPs and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Help design experiments and analyze data to meet deadlines.
- Analyze data and use statistical models to drive the media development process
- Prepare formal reports and presentations for group meetings
- Actively participate in group/project meetings
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
- BS degree in Biological Sciences Immunology or equivalent required
- Bachelor's plus 5 years' experience or Master's plus 2 years' experience required
- Ability to use professional concepts, company's policies, and procedures to perform a wide range of assigned work and solve complex problems
- Ability to demonstrate potential for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought
- Experience with Cell Culture, Cell-based Assays and Flow cytometry required
- Advanced knowledge of Cell Culture Media, Biochemistry, and Cell Biology
- Advanced knowledge of basic laboratory equipment (scales, pH meters, etc.)
- Knowledge of commonly used experimental/research concepts, practices, and procedures
- General knowledge of computer systems and productivity software
- General knowledge of project management
- General knowledge of GMP and GLP procedures
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.Excellent English verbal and written communication skill
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.