Located in Redmond WA, Systimmune Inc. is a bio-pharmaceutical company focused on the treatment of cancer through developing novel therapeutic multi-specific antibodies, as well as antibody-drug conjugates (ADC's). Our objective is to create biologics that work through systematic intervention on the solid tumor micro-environment, to either directly attack the tumor and/or to activate the immune system to attack the tumor.
We are seeking a Research Associate with experience in molecular biology, protein expression, purification and/or characteriztion, in Protein Engineering Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform duties in cloning, mammalian cell line expression, purification, and characterization of protein constructs.
- Participate in reagent generation, candidate optimization, selection, and validation.
- Perform protein analytics such as biolayer interferometry, dynamic light scattering, SDS-PAGE, and HPLC.
- Write and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for regulatory filing, laboratory duties, experiment design, data analysis, instruction operation, and maintenance.
- Support and closely work with other divisions to advance company goals.
- Work with R&D and manufacturing department in China. Plan time to accommodate meetings and technical support with team members in China.
· Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- B.S or M.S. degree with four or more years of experience in molecular biology, protein expression, purification, and/or characterization.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Strong interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills to connect with internal and external CROs.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Strong scientific, medical, and analytical abilities with innovative, solution-oriented style.
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required. Proficiency with email required.
Certificates and Licenses
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This individual will work in cell culture laboratory alongside other scientists and in a standard business office with desktop business equipment and a moderate noise level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. This individual must be able to operate standard laboratory and business equipment.