Yoh has an exciting opportunity for a highly-motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate with expertise in FPLC and cell culture to join our Client's team in San Diego, CA. This well-funded, highly-buzz-about Biotech Startup is focused on developing targeted gene therapies for aging and age-related diseases. This individual will directly support efforts to drive forward our Client's future commercial offerings working with other RA's and scientists.
See below for complete job responsibilities and requirements. If after reviewing, you are interested in learning more about this, or other opportunities in Biotech, please apply with your updated resume ASAP.
Title: Research Associate - FPLC
Location: San Diego, CA
Type: Direct Hire
- Following laboratory protocols and safety regulations.
- Performing standard cloning techniques (restriction enzyme, gateway, goldengate)
- Performing basic and advanced cell culture on a variety of cell lines
- Performing AKTA FPLC virus and protein purification runs
- Executing experiments, independently and in conjunction with a small team in support of research studies
- Helping with AAV and Lenti -virus production
- Learning assay development techniques and procedures.
- Performing related laboratory maintenance, such as ordering supplies, managing inventory, and documenting laboratory conditions.
- Performing detailed and accurate documentation of all experiments and laboratory practices.
- Ensuring maintenance of industry-quality records to provide documentation
- Accountable for on-time, high quality results and clear communication with supervisor
- B.S or M.S. in biology, biochemistry, microbiology, biomedical engineering or related field required.
- At least one year of FPLC experience.
- At least one year of cell culture experience (splitting cells, transfection, etc.) after undergrad
- Preferred, but not required:
- Experience with basic cloning techniques (restriction enzyme, gibson, golden gate, or gateway) or related experience.
- Experience in flow cytometry, ELISAs, PCR, and microscopy.
- Experience with in vitro analytical techniques to assess the cell viability of tissue constructs.
- Experience working with AAV.
- Willingness to work outside of his/her discipline to accomplish project goals.
- Proven ability to draft and implement lab protocols.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong work ethic, communication skills and goal-oriented personality