Residential Appraiser. Job in Portland WestCoast-Jobs
- Job Reference: 462850707-2
- Date Posted: 2 January 2022
- Recruiter: Umpqua Bank Corp
- Location: Portland, Oregon
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Real Estate & Property
- Job Type: Permanent
CA Remote, Idaho Remote, NV Remote, Oregon Remote, WA RemoteFull-time40
In this role, you will assist the Chief Appraiser and the Residential Appraisal Manager with providing appraisal services to the lending community. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to the collateral risk review of complex residential appraisals for Umpqua Bank, providing subject matter expertise to partnering lines of business to address collateral risk concerns, and the development of evaluation services upon request for internal use credit lending decisions. Additionally, you will assist the Chief Appraiser in quality control of the appraiser panel and monitor appraisers for performance on a periodic basis.
* Quality assurance review of residential real estate appraisals for Umpqua Bank assuring compliance with USPAP and the regulatory requirements and credit policy of Umpqua Bank. Assessment of appropriate valuation development and methodology to determine credible and supported market value conclusions. Complex residential appraisals and specialized property reviews will be the primary focus of the position.
* Responsible for inspection of collateral as part of the review process when necessary or appropriate. Timely appraisal reviews for origination, quality control and/or for other purposes.
* Assist the Residential Appraiser Manager in valuation pipeline management including contracting, and on-boarding of external appraiser vendors.
* Assist the Chief Appraiser in selecting the approved appraiser panel and in monitoring the quality of the product received by Umpqua Bank.
* Responsible for making recommendations to the Chief Appraiser or Residential Appraisal Manager regarding the continuation, limitations, or removal of an appraiser from the approved appraiser panel.
* Responsible for potentially providing evaluation services to the Umpqua Bank lending community.
* Coordinate with Credit department personnel regarding appraisal issues within the scope of the credit management process as required.
* Assist appraisal staff, underwriters, and others by providing technical expertise and mentoring.
* Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities - knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training while keeping up to date on regulation changes.
* Follow all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and complete all required annual or job-specific training.
* Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
* May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
* Actively learn, demonstrate, and foster the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
* Take personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
* Embrace our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
* May perform other duties as assigned.
* Advanced understanding of appraisal theory, methods, and techniques and a thorough understanding of USPAP and federal appraisal regulations.
* Complex residential property appraisal experience.
* Experience with commercial and income property appraisals.
* Active Residential State Appraiser certification with good standing.
* 3-5 years of appraisal review and real estate valuation experience.
* High School Diploma or GED, required.
* Associate, Vocation or Technical Degree with real estate courses supporting licensing level, preferred.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
* Occasional walking
* Lifting to 10 pounds
* Office Environment
No relocation is offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. Greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs, and connecting to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.