Love delivering service with a smile? Are you flexible and a team player?
Got a can-do attitude? Hilton Waikiki Beach is looking for Restaurant Server to join our team at M.A.C. 24/7. We want a true team player who is organized, has an attention for detail and, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Our ideal candidate works efficiently and will make every customer feel like a VIP and, must be available and flexible to work any of 5 swing/evening shifts per week. Joining our team at Hilton Waikiki Beach M.A.C. 24/7 restaurant comes with perks to support you in your personal and professional journey.
- Teamwork: experience what being a part of the M.A.C. 24/7 ohana feels like. Be supported by hands-on leaders, be encouraged and celebrated by our hotel team to connect with our guests, each other and our community through our Blue Energy Philosophy.
- Learning and Grow: Hilton is synonymous with hotel. Learn from more than 100 years of experience of the worlds largest hospitality company. We have a community where you will work with diverse individuals and explore new ways of thinking.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing Can Do attitude and genuine hospitality and by exceeding guest expectations.
- Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility and uses teamwork when providing guest service
- Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution and follows through when resolving guest problems
- Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment as to when it is appropriate
- Performs other duties as required to provide Can Do attitude and genuine hospitality
Provides food and beverage service to guests in the restaurant
- Provides guest with overview of menu choices 10%
- Takes guests order provides explanation of menu and upsells as appropriate 10%
- Utilizes MICROS POS to accurately enter food & beverage orders and process discounts and payments. 10%
- Prepares order for presentation to guest 5%
- Servers and replenishes beverages 5%
- Clears tables throughout the dining experience using proper methods for removing dishes, glassware and silverware 5%
- Cleans tables, chairs and floor area 5%
- Resets table quickly 5%
- Consolidates and garnishes food items when completed and delivers to assigned table. 15%
- Knowledgably in bar beverages i.e., beer, wine, distilled spirits
- Assists service team as necessary to meet and exceed the guests expectations
- Complete all side work assignments to Restaurant standards 10%
- Performs duties according to the Department of Health sanitation and food safety guidelines 10%
- Must perform manual and electronic transactions that include: monies, room charge, credit card, coupons, vouchers and any hotel issued certificates. 10%
Hilton Waikiki Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please call or email Cindy Fujioka at to let us know the nature of your request.
- Time-Management: Intermediate
- Detail Oriented: Intermediate
- Multi-Tasking: Intermediate
- Customer Service: Intermediate
- Teamwork: Intermediate
- Organized: Intermediate
- MICROS: Some Knowledge
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Licenses & Certifications
- HI Liquor License
- HI TB Clearance
- Food Handler
- Alcohol Training
- 1 year: Experience in a high volume full service restaurant
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)