- Job Reference: 462869904-2
- Date Posted: 2 January 2022
- Recruiter: Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport
- Location: Burbank, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Hospitality & Tourism
- Job Type: Permanent
The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is seeking a friendly and dependable Rooms Controller, to take on the challenge of a unique position within a 488-room hotel that boasts 50,000 square feet of event space. The Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport is conveniently located near Hollywood and Universal Studios in the center of the entertainment hub. Our property provides complimentary meals, employee events, great hotel discounts at over 5,700 hotels world-wide and perks for local events & attractions!
Job Overview: To build group contracts in in-house management systems within specified time so that all reservation inquires can be secured and processed in a timely manner consistent with the Hotel Brand's high standards of quality.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Accurately build group masters within 24 hours of receipt of Sales Contracts from the Sales office. Ensure that group masters are built correctly such that individual reservation contracts are bookable in the CRS and rooming list contracts are restricted from being booked in the CRS. Ensure that appropriate shoulder dates are built and that the appropriate booking, advance deposit and cancellation policies are set within the master. Ensure that all appropriate room types, rates and inventory allotments are built.
• Accurately build group masters in the current Property Management System and create a file for all hard copies pertaining to that contract. Ensure that the appropriate information is listed so that team members accessing the group master has a clear understanding of the group, arrivals/departure dates method of reservations (individual or rooming list).
• Carefully review all status changes and make all changes that have been requested via the Status Change. Ensures all changes that are being requested are within the hotels normal operating procedures. Consults with the Director of Revenue Managements should a questionable change arise. Documents changes on the Operational Status Change form.
• Enters rooming lists with 24 hours of receipt. Ensuring all guest information is accurate according to rooming list provided by group sales manager.
• Accepts reservation calls to maintain two available in-house reservation lines at all times.
• Research all travel agent inquires to the disposition of reservation in question. Follows guidelines set forth by Hotel Brand.
• Submits guest folios through manual transmission within specified period.
• Operate facsimile machine to send, receive, and log incoming transmissions. Notify guests using the message function of the moderately complex computer of incoming faxes.
• Use the photocopier to make copies of items as required.
• Filing registration cards in room number order.
• Initiate reports and retrieve printed forms from computer printer.
• Verify credit card authorizations for processing advance deposits.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor such as assisting PBX operators, inputting Sales group lists or special reservations for Conference/Catering Department.
Specific Job Knowledge and Skills: