Senior Accountant. Job in San Jose WestCoast-Jobs
- Job Reference: 381801211-2
- Date Posted: 27 September 2021
- Recruiter: Roku
- Location: San Jose, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent
We're re-inventing the way the world watches TV, and that's a story we'd like your help telling.
Roku is changing how the world watches TV
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we've set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you'll make a valuable - and valued - contribution. We're a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers worldwide while gaining meaningful experience across various disciplines.
About the role
Roku is looking for a hands-on senior accountant to play an important role in accounting operations related to Roku Billed channel subscriptions and related partner payments.
The ideal candidate has experience with platform billings, digital products and payments processing. This position provides broad exposure to multiple teams across the company. In this role, you will leverage your analytical and problem-solving skills to further our processes and evolve guidelines around billing operations. We are looking for a team player with strong communication skills and an innovative mind.
To support our fast-paced, high growth environment, we are looking for someone that is self-motivated and dedicated.
The ideal candidate will have endless curiosity and can pair a global mindset with locally relevant execution. You should be a gritty problem solver and self-starter who can drive programs with the product and commercial teams within Roku and across external strategic partner organizations. The successful candidate will display a balance of hard and soft skills, including the ability to respond quickly to changing business needs.
What you'll be doing
* Reconcile revenue transactions to cash receipts
* Reconcile partner payables to payment processed by AP
* Reconcile intercompany transactions and cash settlements for international and domestic subsidiaries
* Collaborate with global accounting team for digital subscription revenue and partner payments
* Work closely with Payment Operations team on data gathering and analysis
* Work closely with Accounts Payable team on payment processing
* Support automation and testing new system enhancements
* Support internal and external financial audit activities
* Support ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting as requested
We're excited if you have
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or similar required
* 3-5 years of experience in accounting management with increasing responsibilities
* Experience with electronic payment processing
* Strong communication skills with multiple teams external to accounting
* Ability to apply knowledge of US GAAP, experience with SOX compliance and internal controls
* Comfortable with large volumes of data and discrepancy investigation
* Advanced excel skills
* Highly organized, great attention to detail, matched with ability to see and communicate the big picture
* Experience implementing systems and designing new solutions
* Experience managing and developing team members
The Roku culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company's success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We're independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you'll be part of a company that's changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn't real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.