About The Team
The Finance & Strategy team accelerates the growth of our business by implementing new opportunities and solutions. We partner with teams across the company to improve the profitability, scalability, and defensibility of our business model. We're looking for people who can model the future, and collaborate to help carry projects from conception through execution.About The Role
We are looking for a Senior Associate who will help build our Ads and Promotions strategy and ensure we are making the most efficient investment and capital allocation decisions. You will partner with teams across the business to support strategic business and financial decisions that involve our Ads & Promotions product, including evaluating the effectiveness of ads and developing creative ways to grow our Ads business.You're Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will…
We're Excited About You Because…
- Work with partners to develop new processes and investment frameworks
- Improve our approach to balancing growth vs. profitability
- Identify and measure important risks and opportunities in our business
- Support special projects to improve and scale forecasting and reporting tools, and methodologies
- Track essential business/financial indicators, uncover trends and assess current/future business risks and opportunities
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- 3+ years of strategic finance, corporate finance, or investment banking experience at a high-growth technology startup or well-established company
- Work with partners at all levels within an organization
- Experience managing budgets for major teams within an organization
- Advanced Excel (can perform complex functions) and financial modeling skills. Build financial models used by teams throughout the company, and to size opportunities and build business cases for pursuing new projects
- Basic Analytics tools proficiency (or willingness to learn). Manipulate large datasets, uncover hidden insights in our data, and improve our understanding of our business through this process
We are leaders
- Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators
- We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.We are learners
- Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users-from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce - people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.