ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Commodity Manager will support the supply chain sourcing efforts with a focus on ensuring supply continuity, developing, and implementing commodity sourcing strategies. You will be an integral part of a team that acts as the primary point of contact with suppliers, focusing on performance, cost savings opportunities, negotiation, contract implementation, sourcing, costing, and supplier relationship management. This strategically focused role will support internal customers, corporate initiatives, and be the escalation point for any supplier issues including quality and performance. Manage commodity with sensitivity to inventory levels, pricing, agreements, and Total Cost of Ownership.
- Work with Engineering, Scientists, Manufacturing, and others to create and execute category vision and strategies
- Manage process of establishing and managing fair contracts that satisfy Element's needs (i.e. price, capacity, flexibility, supply continuity, and general T & Cs)
- Develop and manage relationships with strategic and key suppliers
- Determine and implement Supply Chain KPIs and implement and deploy quarterly business reviews with strategic suppliers
- Cross-functionally lead supplier down-selection efforts as applicable as well as championing Change Management efforts around this
- Determine supplier risk and develop escalation and risk mitigation paths
- Lead cost reduction efforts through active negotiations and supplier selections
- Research and implement efficiency saving procurement and spend management tools
- Bring sustainability focus to supply chain management
- Travel required might be up to 25% (supplier visits)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management or Business, or equivalent experience required, MBA preferred.
- 8-10+ years in strategic sourcing, procurement, or supply chain management in a manufacturing environment with progressive growth and responsibilities. Experience sourcing Machine parts, plastics, electromechanical
- Capable of working with and traveling to domestic and international suppliers.
- Proven experience working with MRP/ERP Systems such as Oracle, NetSuite, and SAP
- Institute of Supply Management CPSM/CSM/CPM certification preferred
- Proven work experience in sourcing, contracts, and category management
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Proven negotiating skills and ability to sustain relationships
- Solid understanding of supply chain concepts
- Results driven with strong attention to detail
- Highly analytical with strong decision-making skills
- Proven experience working with accounting as it relates to Gross Margin and COGS
- Experience visiting and auditing factories (ideally domestic and abroad)
Desired soft skills:
- Demonstrated collaboration and leadership skills
- Ability to work in very fast paced and dynamic environment
- High degree of initiative, self-direction, and multi-tasking abilities
- Fast learner and adaptable
BASE COMPENSATION PAY RANGE: $104,550 - $123,000
In addition to base compensation, you will be eligible for stock options, discretionary annual bonus, no cost health insurance plans, 401k with company match, and flexible paid time off.
Please Note: Base compensation will depend on multiple factors, including geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
We are passionate about our mission to develop high performing products to study genomics in unprecedented flexibility and to understand biology for the improvement of healthcare. We have built a highly efficient product-driven organization where employees can learn, grow, and thrive in a challenging but encouraging environment. We are committed to scientific integrity, collegiality, honesty, objectivity, and openness. We offer excellent benefits, which include a 401K plan, competitive health benefits, flexible vacation, and equity incentives.
We foster an environment such that all people are afforded the freedom to pursue their passions without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.