Research Associate / Senior Research Associate - Product Integration
We are seeking an outstanding Senior Research Associate to join the Product Integration (PI) group at 10x Genomics. This is a unique multi-disciplinary position that will work closely with a variety of groups including Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Computational Biology, Microfluidics, and Support groups. You will play an important role in expanding the 10x product portfolio by identifying clever solutions to troubleshoot and optimize 10x product workflows.
The ideal candidate should have experience working independently in a chemistry, biochemistry, or molecular biology laboratory, have exceptional attention to detail, and be able to critically analyze data and communicate results to the team. You must bring a can-do attitude and sense of purpose to the job.What You Will Be Doing
To Be Successful In This Role, You Will Need
- Working within multi-disciplinary teams at all stages of product development.
- Developing a deep understanding of the interplay between chemistry, molecular biology, and microfluidics to identify the root cause of product deviations, troubleshoot them, and identify clever solutions.
- Planning and execution of experiments, accurate recording of details, in-depth analysis, and reporting of these results through documentation and presentations.
- Development and optimization of protocols for single cell NGS products and robustness verification of those products.
- Preparation of customer-facing technical documentation including workflow descriptions and annotated datasets for 10x single cell NGS products.
- Responsible for maintaining external collaborations for validation of single cell NGS products.
Additionally, We'd Like To See
- BS/MS in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, bioengineering, bioinformatics, or related field.
- 2+ years relevant laboratory experience in life science applications, such a next-generation sequencing library preparation, cell culture, microscopy, PCR, or other nucleic acid or protein-based technologies.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex datasets and communicate results in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge of NGS and related applications (e.g. RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, etc.).
- Experience troubleshooting and optimizing molecular biology assays.
- Familiarity with new product introduction or product development process and life cycle.
- Familiarity with QC of NGS data.
- Experience with handing of fresh or frozen tissues as well as tissue dissociation techniques.
- Experience with tissue preservation techniques such as formaldehyde fixation.
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It is a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across biology including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented people driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists and clinicians to make new strides. We are dedicated to finding the very best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.Individuals seeking employment at 10x Genomics are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
10x does not accept unsolicited applicants submitted by third-party recruiters or agencies. Any resume or application submitted to 10x without a vendor agreement in place will be considered unsolicited and property of 10x, and 10x will not pay a placement fee.