IDEAYA Biosciences (NASDAQ: IDYA) is a public, clinical-stage synthetic lethality-focused precision medicine oncology company committed to the discovery and development of targeted therapeutics for patient populations selected using DNA sequencing and other molecular diagnostics. Our approach integrates extensive capabilities in identifying and validating translational biomarkers with small molecule drug discovery to select patient populations most likely to benefit from the therapies we are developing. We are applying these capabilities across multiple classes of precision medicine, including direct targeting of oncogenic pathways and synthetic lethality - which represents an emerging class of precision medicine targets. We believe this diversified approach will enable us to deliver the right medicine to the right patient to drive a more robust clinical response.
IDEAYA has an industry leading platform and pipeline in Synthetic Lethality. IDEAYA has established strategic collaborations with Amgen and Pfizer supporting its pipeline programs, and also has wholly-owned or controlled clinical and preclinical programs.
When you're at IDEAYA, you will be in the midst of brilliant minds working on precision medicine therapies to help cancer patients. We are passionate and committed about being on the forefront of oncology medicine, which means we all have a high internal drive that is at the very core of every person at IDEAYA. We are inquisitive, ask deep questions, and are data-driven innovators who like to collaborate and use team work to move science forward. For more information, please see .Position Summary:
We are looking for a Senior Research Scientist for our Bioassay Screening group. This individual will join a team responsible for identifying, developing, and performing robust, reproducible cellular assays supporting our small molecule drug discovery pipeline. This position requires knowledge of biological pathways and techniques related to establishing cellular screening cascades. The successful candidate will join an established and highly collaborative Lead Discovery group that includes teams within Biochemistry, Biophysics, Structural Biology, and Protein Sciences.
What you'll do:
- Work in a cell-biological assay team for the development and implementation of SAR-driving assays.
- Identify and develop relevant cell-based assays using diverse approaches, such as viability, reporter genes, and target engagement (e.g. fluorescence microscopy, NanoDLR, NanoBRET).
- Optimize existing and novel compound testing in cell-based assays and provide data analysis to support weekly discovery screening cascades.
- Experience in experimental curve-fitting and statistics (e.g. Graphpad PRISM, CDD, etc.).
- Manage external compound screening resourcing.
- Manage and train research staff on assay protocols and analysis approaches.
- Perform all duties in keeping with the Company's core values, policies and all applicable regulations.
- Programming of liquid handling robotics and other assay relevant instrumentation.
- PhD with 2+ years of experience or MS/BA degree with 7+/9+ years industry experience in relevant biological or scientific discipline.
- The ideal candidate is well versed in the areas of drug discovery and development, with proven experience designing cell-based assays that consistently deliver high-quality, and timely assay screening results.
- Strong troubleshooting, organization, and planning skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience leading, mentoring, and developing junior scientific staff is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative research environment is a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic small company environment.
- Critical thinker with an ability to collaborate effectively across teams and functional areas.
- Capacity to synthesize and integrate complex ideas and to clearly communicate key insights around our targets, mechanisms, and models.
- Skilled at identifying and solving problems, planning ahead, and risk mitigation.
- Curiosity, passion, and desire to make a difference.
- Contribute to our company culture, sense of team, and collaborative spirit.
The salary range for this position at the Senior Research Scientist level is between $140,000 and $189,335. The salary range is an estimate and may vary based on the Company's compensation practices.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company's facilities, with partial work-from-home flexibility, and the Company requires that all employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
Along with our highly collaborative and inclusive environment, IDEAYA offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes (but is not limited to) medical/dental/vision coverage (100% company paid for employees and 90% company paid for dependents), retirement benefits, ESPP and wellness programs. All full-time employees will also be eligible for an annual bonus and equity refresh.
IDEAYA is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, IDEAYA does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. EOE/AA/Vets.
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice