We've built a reputation for putting our associates first
What if we told you that you could be an integral part of an entrepreneurial, expanding company, develop lasting relationships, earn competitive benefits, plus claim part ownership? It's this unique ownership business model that makes working at IMA so appealing.
We work in teams. We sell in teams. We win and prosper as a team
We provide support systems and resources that enable each of our associates to focus on what they do best. And as an independent company based in the Midwest, we're big enough to write business all over the world and small enough to implement your ideas quickly.
We are recognized nationally as a leader in our industry.
- 2021 Denver Business Journal's Best Places to Work
- 2020 Business Insurance Magazine Best Places to Work in Insurance
- 2020 Dallas Business Journal Best Places to Work
- 2018 Dallas Business Journal Best Places to Work
- 2016 Fortune's Top 50 Workplaces for Parents
- 2014 Business Insurance Magazine Best Places to Work in Insurance
- 2014 Dallas Business Journal's Healthiest Employer Finalist
- 2011 - 2013 Healthiest Employers in North Texas Award Dallas Business Journal
- 2014 Kansas City Business Journal's Healthiest Employer Finalist
- 2013 Kansas City Business Journal's Healthiest Employer Honoree
- 2015 CoBiz Best of Colorado
- 2014 Colorado Biz Magazine Colorado's "Perk"iest Companies
What You'll Do:
Responsible for day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department for the California market.
- Act as liaison to Corporate Accounting department for results, budget and reporting.
- Responsible for journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations and account support for the California office.
- Process and review month end closing on legacy EPIC system
- Consult with departments to document and account for unique commission arrangements.
- Review producer commission reports for accuracy with unique arrangements
- Monitor and report on producer expense program
- Responsible for processing of Captive program client assessments, including wire transfers and related excise tax.
- Responsible for monthly tax filings in Hawaii, Guam and other locations as required.
- Maintain relationship with Citizens Business Bank, including processing ACH and wire activity and monitoring of accounts.
- Work with and provide necessary data to corporate treasury manager as needed
- Support of integration of finance activity for California based acquisitions as needed
- Support HR in payroll process as needed
- Work closely with Corporate Controller and Director of Finance on other assignments as needed
- Review of invoice transactions for necessary adjustments.
- Work closely with California Market President and EVP of Business Operations to support finance issues.
- Assist EVP Business Operations in creation of annual budget and consolidation into IMA
- Work with other California department leaders to support their needs in the finance arena.
- Participate in Operation Leadership meetings
- Work with Consultant and provide all necessary materials for maintenance and eventual closure of Bolton Liquidating Corp.
- Maintain and promote excellence in communication and positive environment.
What You'll Need:
- Associate degree in accounting, five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of insurance software is preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.
IMA Financial Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The IMA Financial Group, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Being a part of IMA has its benefits. When you become part of the IMA family, you become eligible to take part in our valuable benefits and rewards package designed to benefit you, your family, and your life. Our plans are cost-effective, convenient and provide progressive ways for staying healthy, protecting loved ones, pursuing financial security and living a full and balanced life. This role is eligible for the following: (pick from the following)