This Jobot Job is hosted by: Ben Kimbrel
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.A bit about us:
We are a top AEC firm involved in multiple markets including Municipal, Education, Water, Healthcare, Commercial, Civil Infrastructure, and more.Why join us?
- Competitive compensation
- Work/life balance
- Superior benefits
- Health insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Movie passes and shipping discounts
- Supplemental gym and fitness programs
- Company-paid volunteer time
- Family events
- Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) from an accredited university in engineering or other degree related to the structural engineering
- Licensed as a California Structural Engineer (SE) with the ability to obtain other SE licenses in the western states (CA, WA, OR, UT, NV)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in structural engineering of building structures
- Application of Building Systems Knowledge
- Produces pricing and proposal presentation documents.
- Participates in project strategy meetings, develops design concepts, and recommends appropriate structural gravity/lateral framing and foundation systems.
- Utilizes the various model building and materials codes.
- Develops complete structural system design of various building/construction types of varying complexity.
- Assists with updates to standard details/specs.
- Analysis: Prepares clear, complete, and concise calculations including software models, and provides the appropriate level of connection design as required.
- Presents advantages/disadvantages of different structural design schemes to the project team.
- Detailing: Develops all details necessary for assigned projects.
- Coordinates work with other disciplines. Performs interdisciplinary coordination checks to minimize deficiencies, errors, and omissions in drawings and specifications.
- Incorporates client criteria into design documents.
- Prepares design criteria for all projects and assures compliance with proposal/client criteria.
- Signs and seal design documents when assigned as Structural Engineer of Record.
- Responsible for the production of well-organized structural documents, calculations, and specifications that are accurate, clear, concise, and complete.
- Participates in bid reviews when requested.
- Participates in design reviews with the design team at 30% and 100% on all assigned projects.
- Performs peer reviews of documents of other structural engineers.
- Construction Support
- Responds to all RFI's and reviews submittals for compliance in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and responds promptly when dealing with field requests/issues.
- Participates in appropriate preconstruction/preparatory meetings.
- Participates and prepares reports in appropriate FWIP (first work in place)/Initial Phase observations.
- Performs site visits & prepares observation/follow-up phase reports documenting progress and deficiencies.
- Prepares punch lists upon structure completion.
- Prepares field orders, addenda, and record drawings.
- Reviews all structural-related testing and inspection reports.
- Project Management
- Communicates effectively with external/internal customers and staff in a professional manner conveying pertinent project information as required. -Attends project meetings as requested.
- Directs technical efforts of Structural Interns, Designers, and Technicians assigned to his/her projects.
- Plans production of structural work for assigned projects, and assures adherence to discipline/industry standards.
- Manages, coordinates, and monitors efforts/costs of outside structural consultants.
- Planning, Scheduling, and Profitability
- Prepares budgets for structural work on prospects/proposals, monitors progress and completes projects within the stated fee.
- Monitors projects for scope creep and reports changes to the Design Project Manager.
- Prepares staffing plans for projects and completes all projects on time.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.