The focus of the Data Success team is to drive end to end delivery and adoption for internal use case customers across Intuit (AI, analytics, product development) leveraging platforms built by the Data Engineering team. Technical Data Analysts within this business group are responsible for assisting in the creation of durable data assets which are core to Intuit's data strategy.
The goal is to enable BUs and functional groups to create value from data in a self-serve capacity, by powering use cases in production resulting in significant business impact. This role requires deep customer empathy and the ability to work as a partner and advocate to help users navigate through any organizational, process or platform barriers to maximize adoption, business impact and derived value.
What you'll bring
- Work experience in customer success, consulting, data analytics or BI roles at top companies preferred
- An established reputation for strong customer empathy
- Proactive and inquisitive learner who seeks out and capitalizes on opportunities for change that enhance the business, rather than reacting to circumstances
- Object oriented modeling or domain driven design skills
- Strong organizational skills, time management, accountability, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet objectives and key deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships across teams to delivering the best outcomes
- Strong technical aptitude, with the ability to communicate effectively with engineering, product management and senior decision makers
- Advanced SQL and data warehousing knowledge
- Familiarity with AWS (Redshift, Athena, and AWS core concepts nice-to-have)
- Python/Pandas/ML Experience (nice-to-have)
- Qlik Sense/Tableau data visualization (nice-to-have)
- Clickstream data experience (nice-to-have)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Analytics or related field, or equivalent work experience
How you will lead
The mission of Data Success at Intuit is to accelerate change in the data ecosystem and to democratize data across the company. The role requires strong technical and leadership skills to deliver key use cases in partnership with subject matter experts across domains.
- Works with partners to identify use cases/workflows that could benefit from Cognition platform capabilities.
- Guide object modeling conversations to ensure the produced data complies with standards
- Build data assets from multiple sources based on functional requirements using technical best practices (SQL).
- Contribute to regular op mechs to create transparency with internal and external stakeholders on progress/process. Enable fast decision making or escalations to unblock teams.
- Ensure governance and support is in place for all business users and provide training on an as-needed basis.
- Communicate with business data analysts across Intuit to answer technical and functional questions and enable them to access and interpret the data we provide
- Interview data consumers to understand requirements, develop functional specifications, and complete delivery of new data pipelines, assets and deliverables.
- Seek opportunities to improve the data workflows, and drive with Data Engineers and platform Product Managers to prioritize, develop, and test these improvements.
- Set a high bar for data quality, drive data validation with use case partners, troubleshoot and see issues to resolution.