Software Engineer Lead - Goleta ($20,000 sign on bonus for qualified candidate)
We are searching for a dynamic Software Engineer Lead to join our team in Goleta, CA. This can be a remote role for local Goleta or Valencia candidates.
The Software Engineer is responsible for the development of computer software that monitors operation of the data acquisition hardware. The test equipment is configured to operate in many different environments including, factory, depot and maintenance operations, laboratory analysis, aboard ship, etc. The primary focus of the position is user interface (UI) development on Windows and Linux desktop platforms. A candidate with a strong understanding and a skilled eye for user interface design and development is preferred. Additional embedded software and hardware tasks may be assigned, based on the candidates skill set.
- Implement assigned projects and project tasks to provide software engineering solutions including: software design, documentation, verification and validation, used in evaluating, testing and processing high fidelity data acquisition systems.
- Perform technical review, design analysis, development and selection of hardware and mission critical computer software.
- Modify existing hardware and software for systems or test facilities.
- Perform computer hardware and software development or implementation analyses; partition and structure the work to provide a means to assess and measure progress.
- Provide independent validation and verification of candidate designs and implementation approaches.
- Develop, test and document software code; support installation into higher level assembly as required.
- Perform software configuration management to ensure that the code reflects the latest version and revision level.
- Implement check and balance procedures to monitor, review and evaluate design activities performed to assure conformance with customer requirements, company standards and sound engineering practices including quality systems procedures.
- Review quality trends; conduct thorough design analyses including interface design, models, equipment prototypes and R&D test tools; interface with other technical personnel on quality issues.
- Ensure that assigned project tasks are completed, meet established technical and schedule requirements and comply with companys quality system procedures. Identify and report quality problems in the assigned areas and recommend corrective action and/or alternative solutions to correct abnormal problems or trends that could jeopardize achievement of cost or schedule objectives.
- Prepare design review material in support of SRR, PDR, CDR, and other technical audits for assigned designs.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
- May perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
- Bachelors degree in Computer or Communications, Electrical, or Electronics Engineering is required. In special circumstances, knowledge gained through engineering related work experience may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Nine (9) years of software engineering experience is required.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Valid state drivers license
- Active DoD Security clearance required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of UI - User Interface, elements, tools, and techniques.
- Strong analytic and communication skills.
- Requires the ability to interpret and communicate engineering plans and specifications. Sound knowledge of engineering theory and design criteria.
- Excellent computer skills; ability to comprehend new hardware / software applications.
- Ability to write a concise report of findings.
- Effective human relation skills are essential.
- Ability to speak, read, and write the English language.
- Exerts up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Employee regularly sits while using upper body movements including arms, hands and fingers operating computer equipment and other office equipment.
- Employee occasionally stands and/or walks to go into meetings or for discussions with other administrative / office personnel.
- Employee occasionally reaches with hands and arms in moving tools equipment and/or products as needed.
Other Work Conditions and Requirements:
- Employee works in a quiet to moderately noisy environment.
- Travel may be required for several days on short notice via auto/air/rail.
- Testing aboard ship may be required.
- Interacts with the engineering department and other administrative staff.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.