About this role:
As part of Gartner's Marketing and Communication practice, you will help equip marketers responsible for digital advertising with what is needed to grow and map their path to mastery of advertising strategies, tactics, operations, measurement, and use of related technologies.
What you'll do:
* Create insightful and actionable research in multiple formats (ie writing, video, infographics) on best practices in social media marketing
* Deliver high quality actionable advice and represent thought leadership to marketing and communications leaders through video-based presentations and discussions with clients
* Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas
* Lead webinars and present at Gartner live and virtual events on mission critical marketing and communications topics
What you'll need:
The candidate must have 3-5+ years' experience in a media buying and planning and/or advertising strategy role at a brand or agency or experience in a product role at an adtech or marketing data vendor.
This role requires subject matter expertise in:
* Building an advertising strategy, including determining the right media mix, segmenting audiences, sourcing and using AdTech
* Using data to improve targeting and relevance of marketing messages
* Analyzing customer data to make advertising decisions to achieve business outcomes
* Measuring and optimizing media
* Provide practical and though leading research on marketing data and analytics activities (data collection and tagging, third party data, segmentation, customer data modelling, attribution) and how it relates to advertising (advertising strategy, new channels and formats, programmatic) as well as the technology solutions that power these areas
* Be completely conversant with data driven marketing and advertising techniques and technologies
Additional proven skills required include:
* Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills
* Articulate and succinct communication skills, both verbally and in writing, with public speaking experience.
* Demonstrated ability to piece together fragments of information, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns, and drawing and framing conclusions in real-time, with clients and during meetings.
* Impeccable time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities independently
* Bachelor's or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred
* Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally
Who you are:
* To thrive in this role, it helps if you are obsessed with your topic. Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to live and breathe your subject matter while also adapting your expertise to meet client maturity level.
* Excellent collaborator with researchers, sales and other analysts with the ability to quickly build rapport and gain client trust
* Confident presenter with a high level of executive presence (prior experience with speaking engagements is a plus)
* Analytical thinker with the ability to process information quickly and make actionable recommendations
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization's most critical priorities. We've grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger-as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That's why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World's Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you'll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company's career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at or by sending an email to .
Job Requisition ID:56379
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link:
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.