We are partnering with a confidential mission driven organization on the Eastside in their search for a Sr. Executive Assistant. This role will report into the Deputy Director and function as a team to support the Principal. This position collaborates with multiple departments and takes primary direction from the Deputy Directors and their team.
Primary focus of this position is the responsibility of administering the Principal's commitments and priorities, with an emphasis on day-to-day administrative needs and logistical coordination with appropriate parties. This includes heavy calendar administration, corresponding logistical support and document collection and preparation. This position is responsible for routine communications with internal and external staff, partners, and vendors on an on-going basis. The role assists with preparation of all documents and materials as requested, all while exercising the highest level of professionalism and discretion. The ideal candidate will be a valued member of a larger team that works cohesively and is responsible for the following duties:
- Provide routine notifications to several key business partners.
- Deputy Director's surrogate for related companies' staff, communicating preferences and appropriate actions.
- Liaison to other key stakeholders, relaying timely and critical information to/from Director as required.
- Primary point of contact with various staff. Participate in meetings and on-going dialogue with departments and other organizations to: assist in requests for Principal's schedule; assist in facilitating information flow & deadlines between related organizations and departments; assist in timely acquisition of reading, prep and speech materials and to represent and be the conduit to the Principal.
- Distribute relevant communications to appropriate personnel for actions to be taken, always using good judgment and discretion in communicating sensitive information.
- Provide some administrative support to the Director.
Office Administration, Planning and Workflow
- Everyday maintenance of Principal's Long Range Calendar, Travel Schedules, and Day-to-Day functional calendar.
- Responsible for scheduling many routine appointments.
- Confirming all appointments on a daily basis.
- Strict adherence to all set standards for documents, communications and folders to ensure precision.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure timely coordination of all requests for scheduling time and/or information review by Principal.
- Diligent maintenance of executive administrative standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure consistency in delivery of preferred services. Oversees an organized system of tracking, monitoring and prioritizing general administrative actions and projects with the team.
- Works closely and coordinates with Principal's personal and household teams, vendors, and security staff to ensure that the appropriate details of the Principal's daily and travel schedules are communicated to the correct team members on a timely basis, and to ensure that schedules are synchronized and accurate. Critical judgment is essential in this area.
- Preparation/Administration of:
- Principal's Outlook Calendar - synchronizing all stakeholders with their responsibilities as they relate to appointments, events and activities of Principal's schedule.
- Travel itineraries - creation, maintenance, and distribution of travel itineraries to key counterparts; with critical attention to detail and ability to manage and maintain multiple itineraries simultaneously and accurately.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, references agendas, and properly archives notes from meetings.
- Maintains Contacts and CRM database in Outlook for both Principal and Director.
- Coordination and cross-collaboration of multiple calendars with other team members.
- Learn, comprehend and adhere to all Principal's preferences, SOPs and internal office processes for the clear, concise and timely communications to the Principals and all departments.
- Manage special projects on an as-needed basis, developing programs with autonomy, strict regard for high standards, using time efficiently to complete projects in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains all travel-planning documents under the guidance of the Deputy Director (Luggage Manifests, Outlook Calendar, and official itineraries).
- Assist and collaborate with office team in preparation of work materials for business and personal trips. Facilitate and coordinate workflow items as a result of business or personal trips.
- Prepares in advance and meets routinely with key internal and external stakeholders to cover travel related activities. Assist in preparing agenda and materials for meetings with partners.
- Pre-Trip research, planning and coordination:
- Proactively researches and provides area-specific travel information such as geographic features, local customs, restaurants, special events, points of interest, etc. Answers inquiries, offers suggestions, and provides descriptive literature pertaining to trips. Advises on weather conditions.
- Prepares Trip Bags for each trip, including itineraries, briefing materials, passports, local currency, maps, and personal items for Principals and appropriate staff.
- Maintains, monitors and updates preferences regarding travel arrangements, routes, time schedules, fares, and types of accommodations. Keeps current directory of supporting documentation.
- Process payments for transportation and accommodations.
- Purchase cards and/or gifts for "thank-you" correspondences, as directed.
- Manage special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Conduct miscellaneous local errands on an as needed basis.
- Service multiple local office locations as needed.
- A minimum of 5 years of "C" suite executive administration or related experience in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- A four-year degree or equivalent in business, science or liberal arts background preferred.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to educational equity and education reform strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, public speaking, press relations, and presentation skills.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
- Outstanding organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Flexibility to work on many nights and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to manage complex projects involving various stakeholders and multiple projects of varying priority.
- Strong collaboration skills and experience working in small teams within a matrix environment.
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment with constant interruptions, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Team player that can assess when to act autonomously and when to coordinate with others. Able to work very well independently, and able to disseminate information clearly and concisely.
- Passionate about nonprofit's mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values of nonprofit to external and internal stakeholders.
- A fun, self-starter who is beyond "career-building" and finds fulfillment and passion in building a business from the ground up. A collaborative spirit who finds balance between maturity, discipline, professionalism, humor, and compassion.
- Demonstrates ability to interface with key constituencies and work across advocacy groups by setting mutual goals, ensuring clarity of roles and working together in ways which enhance business effectiveness.
- Ability to maintain a bigger perspective, identifying and evaluating opportunities where cross-groups collaboration would enhance the goals of the organization.
- Provides incentive for cooperation through goals, measurement and recognition of desired behaviors, seeking balance of cooperation and individual brilliance.
- An individual who defines all assignments and work problems in terms of results to be achieved.
- Proven track record in the following areas:
- Focus on achieving positive, concrete results contributing to the organizations success.
- Can work in an environment where there is role overlap, ambiguity and conflicting points of view.
- Works constantly to find the most effective way to achieve intended results.
- Works efficiently and diligently on the task at hand, putting in whatever time and effort is needed to do an excellent job.
- Recognizes quickly when the progress towards results is slowing or stalling and takes immediate action to get back on track.
- Accepts difficult goals or assignments and gets right to work.
- Perseveres in drive for results even when faced with difficulties and setbacks.