- Perform geotechnical analysis and study to assess construction site condition.
- Plan and conduct geotechnical exploration effectively.
- Perform field and environmental investigations for construction projects.
- Analyze geotechnical findings, perform appropriate calculations and prepare data reports to Manager. • Develop proposals and determine cost and schedule for investigations.
- Provide direction to technical team in field inspection activities.
- Interact with customers and team members to complete the assigned project on-time.
- Assist Managers in design and evaluation of constructions.
- Develop design drawings and specifications for construction projects.
- Review and approve geotechnical designs.
- Review construction design proposals and approve geotechnical aspects.
- Manage and execute engineering projects in support of business with a focus on temporary structures (including support of excavation systems), foundations and other features relating to our construction operations and bidding.
- Knowledge and ability to analyze and design according to codes, design criteria, and structural theories.
- Identify risks and opportunities in a timely manner.
- Review and track design package status, generates, and follows up with the request for information (RFIs) or field change requests.
- Producing deliverable packages complete with detailed geotechnical calculations and all necessary documentation as well as ensure accuracy of the design drawings.
- Perform quantity take offs for cost estimates, payment applications, and schedule updates.
- Assist the scheduling department and able to prepare his/her own schedules.
- Assist in the preparation of detailed requisitions for material purchase, services, and subcontracts.
- Assist in the preparation and issuance of specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients in order to define their needs, explain technical information, concepts or study results.
- Verify and complete request for proposals, estimates, and other technical documents.
- Review quotations utilizing supplier information, cost standards, technical information from quality, manufacturing, engineering, and design.
- Determine possibility of conflicts/delays in the construction process by reviewing project drawings. Analyze the process to determine likelihood of detection and resulting effect. Suggest preventative steps for correction.
- Execute additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Master's Degree from an accredited university in Engineering (or related field)
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of California.
- Minimum of ten (10)+ years of related work experience
- High engineering knowledge in geotechnical civil works: foundations, embankments, slurry walls, ground improvement..etc.
- Familiarity with CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering.
- Communication - excellent oral presentation and written skills
- Goal oriented - able to set goals and achieve them
- Interpersonal - able to work well and persuade people at all organization levels
- Organizational ability - able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects.
- Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team approach.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Knowledge and experience with Scheduling software (i.e. Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)