*Full Time Position with a Financial Services Firm in Los Angeles.*
In conjunction with Senior Payroll Manager, supervises and coordinates daily payroll operations and staff. Processes timely and accurate semimonthly payroll. Prepares reports for upper management, internal audit, finance, etc. Submits and reports required payroll data to Finance, Tax Service provider, and governmental agencies. Duties include but are not limited to general office practices as well as training of Payroll staff.
Coordinates, prioritizes and validates payroll processes and production results with HR Technology group as well as with Finance. Provides support to Senior Payroll Manager to maintain and determine the need for enhancements or changes to the payroll system's existing elements and processes, as well as team development.
Must develop annual production schedule and acquire thorough knowledge of company policies and procedures. Assists payroll administrator to resolve complex issues as well as actively participate in group special projects/efforts.
- 5+ years Payroll management/supervisory progressive experience in a multi-state global corporation, preferably in the Finance industry.
- Must possess current APA CPP or FPC certification, must have experience with different payroll software in-house products, preferably PeopleSoft and/or HCM Oracle, must also have experience with ADP Smart Compliance.
- Solid knowledge of HR practices, FLSA, wage and hour regulations, excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Thorough knowledge of multi-state taxation and reporting requirements. Employer and employee tax contributions, compensation, human resources, benefits, fringe benefits, application of voluntary and involuntary deductions. Knowledge of Payroll Accounting Controls, Internal Audit controls, Payroll System Controls, Payroll Journal Entry creation and reconciliation of payroll accounts.
- Serves as advisor/mentor to junior payroll staff and participates with upper management on payroll staff development and core competencies. Monitors and participates in the delivery of excellent customer service at all levels of management.
- Actively participates with manager to ensure business continuity plan is current and all payroll related processes and procedures are documented. Also participates in testing and validation of system updates, maintenance and implementation of required changes/updates. Must keep up to date with regulatory developments.