Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their authentic selves to work each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world.
As a Sr. Talent Acquisition Manager, you will lead a team of full cycle recruiters who partner with multiple hiring managers across Micorosft's Engineering teams. This team focuses on attracting top talent for the Seattle Area market and executing this delivery in a horizontal approach to impact the greater region.
We are looking for an individual who can drive recruiting strategies for technical roles across Microsoft that enable you to support your team of Recruiters to drive impact and navigate complexity with candidates and managers throughout the recruiting process.Ability to flex to various teams needs and respond to work flow with a sense of urgency is key as you help develop scalable agile approach, to ensure that we identify, target, and engage with the top talent in today's technical marketplace.
* 8+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role
* OR Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Liberal Arts, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field AND 5+ years talent acquisition experience (e.g., recruiting, sourcing), HR experience, or industry experience related to role.
* 2+ years formal or informal leadership/managerial experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
* Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
* Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
* Care - Attract and retain great people; Know each individual's capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
* Uses data and metrics, and an understanding of the long-term business requirements, to advise a division, set of countries, or subsidiary on the implications of talent gaps. Leads the development of staffing processes and strategies.
* Applies deep knowledge of factors relevant to the business and hiring managers' needs (e.g., time to hire, location, budget) and uses this knowledge to guide the development of end-to-end hiring plans aligned to the needs of the business group, division, region, or subsidiary.
* Consults a division, region, or subsidiary on critical talent needs and opportunities. Presents and frames information in a way that speaks to the business needs and influences leaders to embrace differentiated and alternative types of talent (e.g., compete, diverse, nontraditional) that may not be typically considered.
Data Analysis & Hiring Plans
* Analyzes relevant data and trends to provide insight and set plans to meet hiring goals. Connects data to cross-organization goals and leads conversations across groups to address broad hiring issues. Leads the implementation of a hiring plan for complex organizations, areas, or talent pools that addresses both business demand and availability of talent for a division's, set of countries, or subsidiary's short-term and long-term needs (12 months and beyond).
* Uses deep knowledge of competitor opportunities to differentiate Microsoft's unique career possibilities, advantages, and rewards and leverage a consistent, compelling message that conveys the most significant motivators to prospective candidates.
* Shares proven stories that help others across the discipline to source, recruit, and/or close candidates. Tracks candidate activity and shares with internal stakeholders.
* Coaches the client to represent Microsoft's unique career possibilities, advantages, and rewards that are distinct from those of competitors.
* Gathers requirements and develops hiring plans that meet candidate needs throughout the hiring lifecycle, often for critical, complex, high level or high volume candidate searches. Owns the candidate experience and prepares candidates for next phases of the process. Enhances the candidate experience at all phases of the relationship by proactively identifying factors that may adversely impact the candidate and partnering with business leaders to develop mitigation strategies.
* Leverages long-term relationships with talent pools and communities across the industry. Develops a comprehensive approach that integrates multiple concepts (e.g. community building, business intelligence) to create an innovative sourcing strategy for a division, set of countries, or subsidiaries.
* Shares candidates across teams, and is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to generate and meet targets for differentiated talent for a division, set of countries, or subsidiaries.
Candidate Assessment & Screening
* Manages the candidate assessment framework and identifies, adopts, and evangelizes best practices that ensure high-quality hires. Identifies opportunities for improvement and leads the creation of assessment materials by identifying relevant competencies and job criteria.
* Manages the candidate screening framework, and identifies, adopts, and evangelizes best practices that ensure effective screening processes and a qualified talent pool.
Operational Compliance & Excellence
* Leads the optimization of staffing policies, systems, and processes throughout their organization, and guides stakeholders on the impact of these changes.
* Holds their team accountable for maintaining current documentation on candidates' qualifications and status in the appropriate staffing or tracking system, within compliance guidelines (e.g., Office of Federal Compliance Programs, General Data Protection Regulation). Drives team to capture relevant data in recruiting platform and monitors and oversees quality of data capture.
* Embody our culture and values