At Northrop Grumman , our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is currently seeking a Staff Operational Analysis / Suppressor Modeling & Simulation Engineer with a current/active clearance to join our team to work on Advanced Programs.
In this role, the selected candidate will:
• Perform operational analysis, mission effectiveness analysis, and optimization on conceptual and developmental phase advanced weapons initiatives.
• Model operational environments, perform trade studies via computer simulation and recommend alternative architectures.
• Advise other engineers that are simulating real-time operations and developing software that simulates behavior of systems.
This role includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
• Perform modeling, simulation, and analysis tasks assessing system survivability, system effectiveness, and overall system performance in engagement, mission, and campaign level scenarios
• Perform trade studies and simulation analyses with the objective of enhancing and optimizing system performance capabilities
• Develop performance models and algorithms, threat models and command and control models for new and/or existing system simulation frameworks
The selected candidate for this position can work in either our Northridge, CA or Tucson, AZ office.Relocation assistance to NORTHRIDGE, CA ONLY, while not guaranteed, may be available for this position.
Salary range for Tucson, AZ: 134,368 - 201,552
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Physics AND 14+ years related experience OR an MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Physics and 12 years of related experience, OR a PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Physics and 9 years of related experience.
• Experience performing modeling, simulation, and analysis tasks, assessing system survivability, system effectiveness, and overall system performance in engagement, mission, and campaign level scenarios.
• Experience performing trade studies and simulation analyses with the objective of enhancing and optimizing system performance capabilities.
• Experience developing performance models and algorithms, threat models and command and control models for new and/or existing system simulation frameworks.
• Knowledge of / expertise with the Suppressor military operations, strategy and tactics simulation framework.
• Current/active U.S Government issued DoD Secret Clearance; clearance must have been issued/adjudicated in the past five (5) years.
• MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Physics.
• Knowledge of the AFSIM military operations, strategy and tactics simulation framework.
• Knowledge of RF threat modeling.
Salary Range: $155,584.00 - $233,376.00
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.