What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.Staff Systems Administration Technician
As a Staff Systems Administration Technician, you will assist in the deployment of data center/lab infrastructure, networking, various server/desktop systems, along with work in the Materials Store/asset management, follow the directions of the Lab Manager, and work alongside the other data center/lab staff. While working with cutting-edge HPC (high-performance computing) technologies, you and the team will be enabling the bring-up and development of advanced GPU systems and designs.The Person
- A successful candidate must be curious, self-driven, collaborative, and a strong team player with solid technical as well as hands-on skills to support optimal performance and data center/lab operations. Must be proactive, and have excellent teamwork, communication, and time management skills.
- Preferred e xperience with system management, automated deployment, monitoring, and ticketing tools is a plus.
- Assists in the day-to-day operations of, and work w/the team to resolve the associated issues with the Development equipment, infrastructure and systems. Including:
- Configure and rack-and-stack of server equipment
- Configure GPU prototype systems setups
- Operating systems deployments, and software loads
- Maintain system environmental management equipment
- Work with the other data center Technicians
- Help to deploy system management tools
- Prioritize and efficiently manage a number of concurrent projects and testing tasks
- Ability to be flexible on responsibilities and hours - flexible hours includes occasionally working until midnight & weekend shifts, plus extended hours when required
- Conduct testing of device samples via Automated Test Equipment (ATE), applying test environment interface to load, initiate and log results.
- Prepare machines to deploy automated test framework, and execute automated tests
- Document current and new approaches
- Contribute to scripting of automated tasks
- Monitor health of machines and help with necessary maintenance if needed (replace burnt parts, upgrade parts, etc)
- Create/Update inventory reports
- Report on daily deployment/configuration status and results
Nice To Have
- Understanding of computer HW and architecture, and the HW development cycles
- Minimum 2 years relevant hands-on experience in High Tech industry, HW deployment, SW Development, under Windows and Linux operating systems
- Hands-on experience working in a data center or server lab
- Experience in industrial and electrical specifications, network and electrical installations
- Experience with deployment, ticketing, and monitoring software tools such as Snipe-IT, ServiceNow, and Zabbix
- Exposure to data center/lab safety protocols, ESD protocols, and OSHA regulations
- Solid understanding of PC Platform Architecture
- Hands-on experience with assembling PCs from components, set-up, configuration
- 2+ years of experience in planning and maintaining server infrastructure
- 2+ years of excellent and proven troubleshooting skills in areas of Wi-Fi, Switch, Router, Desktop, Server & Network
- 2+ years of experience in Linux and Windows environments.
- Experience in deploying and using Virtualization a plus (eg: Citrix, VMware, Linux KVM..)
- Experience in PXE based booting and provisioning machines a plus
- Working knowledge in one of the automation frameworks is a plus: Puppet/Chef, Teamcity/Jenkins, Gradle/Ant, SVN/Git, Artifactory/Ivy, Automation Testing Frameworks, Clobber/Razor PXE Boot
- Knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) such as Program Increments, Lean, Kanban, Shared Understanding
- Experience using tools such as JIRA, Confluence , SharePoint, Project 2016, Jenkins
- Minimum: Technical College Degree with specialization in HW deployment, Software Quality Assurance.
- Preferred: Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree.
Santa Clara CARequisition Number:
United States State:
Santa ClaraJob Function: Information Technology
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.