Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required.
POSITION LOCATION: Austin, TX OR San Carlos, CA
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist develops and implements improved strategic sourcing policies as part of the sourcing team. You will be creating cost estimates and forecasts and negotiating cost-effective contracts with key suppliers. Participates and recommends new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are no longer competitive. Provides cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis or alternative sourcing. Interacts closely with suppliers and QA to resolve quality issues. Works with management to address all aspects of commodity management, including procurement support, commodity business plans, market trends assessment, pricing, and product availability. Assists in the development of Category Plans for specific commodities.
* Identify, develop and manage effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality and delivery targets.
* Gather, evaluate, and negotiate quotations from suppliers for goods and services.
* Execute RFPs and RFQs.
* Negotiate price and delivery terms with suppliers to minimize material cost, inventory levels, and transportation costs while supporting production demand requirements.
* Perform cost analysis and volume planning for major commodities (e.g., materials, components, equipment, and services).
* Monitor the cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to negotiate highest quality at best value.
* Involved on new product launch as needed.
* Communicates with all departments when possible improvements can be made, such as quantity discounts, or other cost savings.
* Maintain related operational KPIs.
* Participate on Supplier Business Reviews.
* Negotiates with suppliers to resolve problems, expedite deliveries, address quality issues, and modify purchase orders as required.
* Visits Suppliers' facilities for improvement initiatives and problem solving.
* Complies with all FDA and Quality Systems Requirements (QSR) requirements.
* Generate reports to provide status updates on task, projects, and deliverables.
* All work is subject to additional requests as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Supply Chain, related field, or equivalent.
* A minimum of 3 years of buying or sourcing experience is required, preferably in Laboratory related field.
* Oracle Fusion ERP system experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* In depth knowledge of ERP systems and Supply Chain business processes; knowledgeable on the procure to pay process.
* Preferred experience with automated consumable based commodities.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and show unique attention to detail and work in a fact paced work environment
* Advanced in use of Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and Power Point); Advanced Microsoft Excel user.
* Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, communication, collaboration, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
* Team player who will go to great lengths to ensure success for the department and Natera.
* Flexibility and adaptability to evolving priorities while working in a dynamic environment.
* Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication.
* Works collaboratively with others.
* Holds self personally accountable to meet or exceed team expectations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Work takes place in an office setting.
* At times may be required to work outside normal working hours.
* Some travel may be required, up to 10%.
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit .
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.