Student Aide - P/t
- Job Reference: 381631138-2
- Date Posted: 27 September 2021
- Recruiter: City of Newport Beach, CA
- Location: Newport Beach, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: HR / Recruitment
- Job Type: Permanent
Come join our team as a Student Aide. Click on the following link to see what it is like working in the City of Newport Beach (video)!
Candidates are encouraged to apply immediately as this recruitment may close at any time.This position will work a varied schedule, including Fridays. The eligibility list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future Student Aide vacancies as they occur throughout the City.
1. Application Evaluation - Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis with the first review date of July 27, 2021. Applicants that apply after the first review are not guaranteed to be considered for this recruitment. This recruitment may close at any time without notice after the first review date.
2.Online Exam - Tentatively scheduled for July 28, 2021. Top scoring applicants who pass the examination will be invited to a Virtual Interview.
3. Virtual Interview - Tentatively scheduled for the week of August 2, 2021. Passing applicants will be placed on an eligibility list that may be used to fill future Student Aide vacancies as they occur throughout the city. Essential Duties
Please see theStudent Aide Job Specificationfor a more detailed description of essential duties.
Please see theStudent Aide Job Specification for a more detailed description of qualifications.
Experience & Education and License/Certificate
A combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities may be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Experience: Six (6) months of clerical, receptionist, and/or office support experience.
Education: High school graduation or equivalent with current enrollment or recent completion of a degree or certification program.
License/Certificate: Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver's license.
Please Note: Candidates deemed most qualified, as reflected in their application materials, will be invited to continue in the recruitment process. The prospective candidate must successfully complete a thorough background review, including being fingerprinted by the Newport Beach Police Department. The resulting report of your conviction history, (if any), will be evaluated along with the other information received in connection with your application. Except as otherwise required by law, a criminal conviction will not necessarily disqualify you from the position. The nature, date, surrounding circumstances, and the relevance of the offense to the position applied for may, however, be considered.
Disaster Service Worker: In accordance with Government Code Section 3100, City of Newport Beach Employees, in the event of a disaster, are considered disaster service workers and may be asked to respond accordingly.