Who We Are:
We are an integrated genetic medicines and lipid nanoparticle delivery company developing targeted, disease-modifying medicines for patients with life-limiting genetic diseases. Our treatments address the underlying genetic cause in underserved populations and have the potential to tremendously impact the quality and length of patients' lives.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission: powering the next wave of genetic medicine through superior delivery. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in lipid nanoparticle delivery, mRNA design and optimization, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and rare disease drug development. Our selective organ targeting (SORT) LNP platform is uniquely differentiated to enable the delivery of diverse genetic payloads to tissues beyond the liver.
Summary of Position:
This internship provides an opportunity for undergraduate or graduate students to explore & contribute to an exciting field of RNA therapeutics. This experience will enable them to build on formulation skills through a combination of hands-on experience & mentorship. The intern will be supporting early-stage formulation activities within CMC. The intern will work as part of a team, under the direction of the group leader/manager, to conduct laboratory experiments to support the development of robust scalable LNP-encapsulated nucleic acid formulations and associated analytical characterization.
- Work hands-on in the lab to assist scientists in executing or supporting experiments related to formulation screening & development
- Conduct in-process characterization such as pH, particle size, encapsulation efficiency measurement as required
- Support troubleshooting and technical investigations as needed
- Conduct literature search relevant to ongoing research activities and present a summary or review to the team
- Adhere to all laboratory safety requirements and procedures
- Additional tasks as requested
- B.S. or M.S. or Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Bioengineering, Material Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related scientific discipline
- Strong written and oral communication skills
$30-35/hour- Please note that for remote positions, salary may be adjusted for cost of living
- No premium cost for employees - 100% subsidized by ReCode for full-time employees
- Company 401k contribution
- 15 days of company paid holidays, including a holiday shutdown (usually the last week of the year)
- Mental health support for employees & their families
- FSA available, including a lifestyle spending account subsidized by company
- Employee discounts at hotspots
ReCode Therapeutics () offers a competitive compensation/benefits package with a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development.
ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.