Dexcom, Inc. empowers people to take control of diabetes through innovative continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) systems. Headquartered in San Diego, California, Dexcom has emerged as a leader of diabetes care technology. By listening to the needs of users, caregivers, and providers, Dexcom simplifies and improves diabetes management around the world.
Leads a cleanroom manufacturing department and drives team towards adhering to departmental metrics, objectives and initiatives. Allocates resources, addresses manufacturing line down scenarios, and works closely with support functional teams (i.e. Product Focus Team, Calibration, Manufacturing Equipment Support, etc.). Ensures a safe work place and drives proactive safety improvements. Conducts and utilizes problem solving techniques to identify root causes to processes, incoming material or personnel related issues and develops and implements sustainable countermeasures to address them. Takes a proactive approach to continuous improvement initiatives by analyzing existing processes and applying lean manufacturing techniques and concepts in order to improve production efficiencies, throughput and quality. Assists with the transfer of new product introduction and prepares the manufacturing line, training of personnel and 5S prior to product launch.
Functional Description: Management
Directs the development and implementation of activities in production area(s) to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives. Prioritizes production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply. Plans and administers procedures and budgets. Makes budgetary recommendations and at higher levels, controls capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor. Develops schedules and manpower requirements for assigned areas. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
* Strong knowledge of technical and functional principles and ability to teach others.
* Understands company's mission and strategies.
* Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals.
* Provides direction to others according to established policies and management guidance.
* Administers company policies that directly affect team members / supporting employees.
* Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
* Networks with senior internal and external colleagues in own area of expertise.
* Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors.
* Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays in schedules / work products.
* Provides direct supervision to individual contributors and/or support individual contributors/matrix reports.
* Acts as advisor to unit or sub‐units and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
* People management responsibilities include hiring / terminations, performance reviews, career development coaching and compensation decisions.
Experience and Education Requirements:
* Typically requires a Bachelor's degree with 5-8 years of industry experience.
* Informal management/ team lead experience.
* The Workplace Type for this role is Non Desk. Based on the nature of your position you will be working onsite in your assigned work area. You will have space onsite for your personal items, but will not have an assigned desk. You should plan to be onsite based on your current shift schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for executing to the agreed upon production plan and meeting budgeted yields within the area of responsibility.
* Drives team towards meeting daily, monthly and yearly departmental metrics, goals and objectives.
* Ensures a safe working environment for the team and drives proactive safety improvements.
* Regularly monitors the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of manufacturing processes.
* Supports the manufacturing lines to solve issues related with the manufacturing processes, equipment, materials, etc.
* Coordinates with various groups such as quality and engineering to analyze product failure data and test results in order to determine causes of problems and develop solutions.
* Assembles and analyzes pareto charts for yield failure modes and creates and drives action plans in order to address yield loss.
* Obtains and evaluates process timings in order to balance and level load manufacturing operators.
* Applies lean manufacturing techniques and concepts to assembly line processes in order to improve efficiencies, throughput and quality.
* Identifies and eliminates various wastes within manufacturing processes.
* Drives 5S tool within area of responsibility.
* Ensures accountability and discipline within the team and communicates personnel related issues immediately to manager.
* Reviews and evaluates capacity models and anticipates when new equipment or additional headcount will be required.
* Works cohesively with cross-functional teams in order to drive continuous improvement projects, solve problems and meet departmental goals.
* Demonstrates initiative by seeking out new projects that can positively impact the organization by reducing scrap, increasing gross margins and improving productivity.
* Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and work flow. Designs layouts to place new equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
* Generates and maintains project timelines and provides updates and feedback to manager.
* Reviews assembly process instructions and makes updates to incorporate standard work and improve repeatability.
* Assists with the transfer of new products into manufacturing. Assists with the generation of Bill of Materials, assembly procedures and other documentation prior to product launch.
* Oversees training and ensures all training records for manufacturing personnel are always up to date.
* Ensures that the team follows manufacturing documentation and addresses compliance related issues.
* Develops schedules and manpower requirement for assigned areas.
* Accountable for assisting with the efficient, safe and cost-effective operation of the department; for advising and making recommendations to the Manufacturing Manager with respect to these activities.
* Supervises the maintenance of personnel records and timesheets for responsible staff.
* Interview, hire and cross-train personnel.
* Provide regular positive and constructive feedback and evaluate/appraise employee performance yearly.
* Completes assigned tasks or projects within the agreed upon dates assigned.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* 2+ year in a medical device or other FDA regulated environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work cohesively within a team environment.
* Highly adaptable to change.
* 4+ years' experience as a Supervisor or equivalent leadership experience
* Lean manufacturing education and practical hands on experience.
* 0 - 24%
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this area. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Language Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively in English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to perform the following Physical Activity: Standing, walking, sitting, using hands, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell. May be required to lift 0 lbs. to over 100 lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be exposed to the following environmental conditions: Wet or humid conditions, work near moving parts, work in high - precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather conditions, extreme heat (non-weather), extreme cold (non-weather), risk of electric shock, work with explosives, risk of radiation, vibration. The noise level in this work environment can range from quiet to very loud.
Disclaimers: The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job..... click apply for full job details