Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.Your Impact
Jacobs Facility Modeling & Analytics (FMA) Group is looking for an engineer with experience with design and simulation of data centers, semiconductor manufacturing facilities, or other advanced facilities. The FMA Group consists of specialists embedded within Jacobs' engineering teams responsible for infusing design projects with innovative solutions informed with simulation tools. Our Group has successfully delivered simulation services for over 20 years.
At Jacobs, we're partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Our simulation specialists play a key role in satisfying our mission critical & advanced facility clients' demands for facilities having high performance and resilience. As an engineer working in our FMA group, you will
Here's What You'll Need
- Develop and maintain models of demand-side facility support systems such as HVAC, chiller, cooling tower, process.
- Develop and maintain models of supply-side facility systems such as solar arrays, battery storage, hydrogen, fuel cell, etc.
- Work with internal and external clients to define modeling value and objectives, and the required scope to achieve objectives given project time and budget constraints.
- Analyze complex data sets in order to understand the story behind the data.
- Run optimization analysis to uncover hidden potential in the design features or mode of operation of these facilities.
- Prepare technical reports documenting study findings following FMA Group proprietary methods of formatting and Quality as well as traditional guidelines for the visual display of quantitative information.
- Support engineering teams need for rapid analysis of alternative design solutions, delivered with accuracy and high confidence.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical/Process preferred).
- Experience in HVAC systems, design, and control.
- Experience with analyzing sustainable design, decarbonization concepts, and/or renewable energy
- Advanced capability with Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with programming in Modelica and/or Python
Ideally, you will also have
- Experience with energy modeling tools (eQuest, EnergyPlus, Trace700)
- Experience with process modeling tools (Pipeflo, ASPEN, HYSIS, Simulink, ExtendSIM, Labview, TRNSYS)
- Experience with optimization algorithms, machine-learning, etc.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
U.S. Government Executive Order on ensuring adequate COVID safety protocols
As a federal contractor of the U.S. government, Jacobs is subject to the Executive Order requiring companies who support U.S. government contracts to ensure their covered employees are fully COVID-19 vaccinated or approved for a legally-entitled medical or religious accommodation.
Full vaccination is NOT required at this time for positions that are not covered by the federal contractor Executive Order, that do not require performance of work in a Jacobs office, and that do not have full vaccination as a client requirement where work is performed at a client site.
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Job Reference ID ELE0000K9