NOTE: This is a 100% remote position in the U.S.
Cloud Academy is on a mission to help people and companies develop the tech skills they need to build the future.
To achieve this mission, we need to spread the word. We create a lot of content at Cloud Academy - 10+ labs and courses a week - adding to the 1000+ courses, 150+ learning paths and 12,000+ lab steps already published in our library. We need to show customers and prospects how our content helps them solve business problems. That's where you come in.
We are looking for a person with practical cloud experience to join our international, remote, and growing marketing team. As a tech content creator you will help our marketing team develop new content for our tech community. This role will help them accomplish things in their day-to-day that our product also helps accomplish -- it's a natural extension of goodwill. Of putting out valuable information to help the tech community we are here to serve.
This is a hands-on role suited to individuals who are passionate about cloud and devops technologies. You need to be proficient working in cloud environments, and you need to be experienced in promoting the functions and benefits of these technologies to technical audiences.
In this role you will be positioned as a thought leader in the content space, and you will be surrounded by other cloud technologies experts that create the content on our platform today. You will be passionate about creating effective promotions, and you will be comfortable providing guidance to stakeholders and customers. You will be confident running a webinar describing the benefits of a recently released AWS or Azure service for example. You will be comfortable talking with subject matter experts about a service or feature.
You will benefit from having recent experience promoting a cloud-based service using digital channels. This is a role that will suit a self-starter who is hungry to broaden the breadth of their technical knowledge. You will have the opportunity to extend your cloud skills across platforms and domains and you will have the opportunity to progress to other platforms and services.
- Design and create technical content for the marketing and sales team to use for thought leadership, lead generation, and revenue creation. Content will be multi-format, including webinars, white papers, blog posts, videos, social posts and interactions, and much more.
- Keep up to date with the latest cloud trends, services, and certifications
- A passion for creating technical content that resonates with the developer audience, inspires and is easy to understand.
- You've written blogs posts, given webinars or presentations, been an advocate for developers. In other words, you're comfortable writing and delivering technical content to technical audiences, but making it compelling and consumable.
- 1-3 years experience working with cloud or data center technologies.
- Developer or infrastructure experience on cloud infrastructure is strongly preferred.
- One or more Cloud Platform Vendor Certifications (such as AWS, Azure and GCP).
- In-depth understanding of the cloud computing industry and an interest in learning more.
- Familiarity with digital tools (Adobe Suite, HTML).
- Proficient with cloud computing - security concepts, machine learning principles, database, and data analytic technologies.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent writing skills.
- Comfortable presenting to groups and leading webinars/events.
- Enthusiasm and excitement for emerging technologies and ongoing professional development.
- Familiar with Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Competitive salary and compensation
- Budget for professional development and additional cloud certifications
- Healthcare, dental, vision and 401k benefits
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 11 paid holidays per year
- Great company culture and work environment!
- Highly-skilled teammates and lots of opportunities for growth and development
- Annual trip to Switzerland for the Global Meeting
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer at Cloud Academy. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.