About the Instructor (Tutor) Position:
We are looking for energetic, positive individuals to work as Instructors (Tutors) in a Lindamood-Bell ® Learning Center on Campus-where we provide small-group and one-to-one instruction at local area schools. We teach students of all ages to read and comprehend to their potential, including those with a previous diagnosis such as dyslexia or an autism spectrum disorder.
These are regular part-time positions. Paid training in the programs used by Lindamood-Bell is provided. Bachelor's degree preferred. Associate's degree or actively pursuing a degree is acceptable. Paid 7-10 day training in the programs used by Lindamood-Bell is provided.
The hourly rate of pay for this position will be $20.00 per hour while work is performed at a local school campus. During the initial ten day training, the rate of pay will be $18.00 per hour. Additional hours providing instruction at a Lindamood-Bell Learning Center may be available at the rate of $18.00 per hour.
Your vaccination status will be requested upon offer of employment. Those who are not fully vaccinated or do not wish to share their vaccine status will be required to undergo weekly COVID-19 testing. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Our research-validated instruction is comprised of our programs, individualized instruction, and program implementation by our Instructional Quality (IQ) Team. As part of the IQ Team, the Instructor works one-to-one or in small groups with students, delivering the steps of our programs as prescribed in each student's lesson plan.
About Lindamood-Bell Instructors:
- Our Instructors benefit from being a part of the IQ Team: accepting and adjusting to feedback in a positive manner, for the benefit of instructional quality.
- Our Instructors employ a Socratic questioning method to help students develop their language and literacy skills.
- Our Instructors implement positive-reinforcement strategies that maximize learning-in a cheerful and authentic manner.
- Many of our Instructors have a background in education. However, successful candidates may instead have a background in childcare, coaching, youth leadership, camp counseling, mentoring, or the performing arts.
- Our Instructors have excellent reading, spelling, and comprehension skills.
- Our Instructors have a passion for helping others reach their potential.
- Provide one-to-one and small-group instruction based upon each individual student's learning needs
- Work with Learning Center on Campus leaders to implement student instructional plans
- Interact positively and professionally with students, school personnel, and other Lindamood-Bell staff to provide a safe and positive learning environment
We believe in the importance of investing in our employees so every member of our Star Cast can succeed to their potential. We provide our eligible Star Cast members traditional benefit packages, discounts, and additional perks. Eligibility varies with employment level, location, and may be subject to additional terms and conditions.
If you become part of our Star Cast, here are possible benefits for which you will be eligible:
- Paid time off - 8 paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick, and Closure Hours
- Optional group Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Optional Flexible Spending Account
- 100% employer-paid Disability and Life insurance policies
- Employees who meet specific criteria may also be eligible for a 401(k)
- Company-wide discounts on many services and products including Lindamood-Bell ® Instruction, Apple products, cell phones, and auto rental deals
Lindamood-Bell is an internationally recognized leader in the research and remediation of learning difficulties. Our Learning Centers are located across the United States, as well as in Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom. We provide professional development to educators around the world. Over the years we have partnered with institutions including MIT, Wake Forest University, and Georgetown University, to allow for independent analysis of our instruction. Our work has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, and has been reviewed in scientific journals such as Neuron and NeuroImage. Reporting on our success has appeared in: Newsweek, US News and World Report, CNN, BBC, and PBS, among others.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at LindamoodBell.com.
Lindamood-Bell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes follows applicable requirements regarding applicants and criminal histories.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have reviewed the CA Job Applicant Privacy Notice:
Instructor, Educator, Teach, Teacher, Tutor, Tutoring, Education, Training, Learning, Clinician